Chapter 5 - Still A child

Warning: Unedited.

︵‿︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵‿︵

Just like she had told Rhaenyra, Alicent rewrote history.

Or rather she rewrote stories and history as they might have been in the future.

After using clothes and reputation as an armour and defence shield, Alicent knew she needed to sharpen her weapons. And one of those weapons just so happened to be in the field of finance, or per its official and renowned name, money.

'There is nothing in this world that money can not buy.', she found herself agreeing to it. Even though she would never utter these words with a strong belief in her past life.

However now that she was not in the modern world she once knew, in the world where women had rights even though there were humans rights before— there was something about women having to tell humans that they too deserved to learn, to work and so on right after the civil right acts were made, that always disturbed Alicent to no end.

Still, now that she was back in times where electricity was not even a dream, the Hightower girl decided, the phrase was best fitted for the era.

After watching the original House of the Dragon, Game of Thrones and people like Peter Baelish, money for Alicent would become a great form of power.

It meant she could fend for herself, help those in need, and have whatever material she wished.

'But most importantly, I can tell those narcissistic, self-centred sufficient wankers to go fuck themselves. In a more painful way than they already were anyway.'

It was an awaited desire with wide open arms. Alicent wished and longed for the moment she would tell her father and any man asking for her hand that she, was a rich man.

But before getting the money she needed to prepare merchandise. The Hightower girl had thought of many of the things that could bring her money, and the easiest and simplest of all was books.

The said books were for three different audiences, children, teenagers and unmarried ladies, and the last but not the least, married women. It mattered not if they were common or high borns, as long as the stories travelled from ear to ear, it was enough to create change.

Years of reading mangas, novels, mature books and of course, all the children's books her mother had read to her and made her read when she was younger filled her mind and taught her lessons of life.

The hidden ones, not the ones people write on social media just for a day and forget about it later. No, those that remain, those like her favourite book, Zadig or the book of Destiny.