Chapter 8

Y/n had walked in looking at all the people, she nervously chuckled and looked straight ahead, her eye's met Vi's as she softly smiled, but then looked at the men she was supposed to choose, she didn't want to do this at all, but she knew she had to, so she kept a smile on her face.

"let the festive begin!" Z said as everyone cheered, Y/n just walked around denying people when they would ask to dance, it was starting to infuriate Z every time she would do it.

that was until Vi came up to her, asking for a dance, y/n softly smiled and placed her hands into Vi's, Jareth kept watch of the two, there was something there, he couldn't place what it was but it was something.

Jareth:

~Years ago when I was younger
I kinda liked a girl I knew
She was mine and we were sweethearts
That was then, but then it's true...~

Vi had noticed Jareth, making eye contact with him, she was slightly unsettled by it. it had felt like time had stopped out of no where and it had resumed like it was nothing, she tried to ignore the feeling and focus on y/n

Jareth:

~I'm in love with a fairytale even though it hurts
'Cause I don't care if I lose my mind I'm already cursed~

Jareth kept watch, walking around, and acting like he was interacting with the guest when he actually was following Vi and y/n

Jareth:
~Every day, we started fighting
Every night, we fell in love~

Vi kept noticing Jareth getting closer, she started to have these daydreams illusions, after Jareth sang those words, she saw her and Y/n arguing over something and the next minute, they were laying in each other arms and smiling, it confused her, and also frightened her.

Jareth:
~No one else could make me sadder~
~But no one else could lift me high above~

Vi stopped making eye contact with Jareth, she was panicking, she didn't want to lose y/n, she had done so much for her and her family, as Vi lifted y/n up and twirled her around, it felt like everything had freezed.

Jareth:
~I don't know what I was doin'~
~When suddenly, we fell apart~

Vi was back in a illusion, she saw her and y/n, she had her back turned towards y/n as y/n begged her not to go or telling Vi it was mistake, Vi hated this, she wasn't sure what Jareth gained from doing this but he was really messing with her head.

Jareth:
~Nowadays, I cannot find her~
~But when I do
We'll get a brand new start~

Vi felt someone cup her face as it brought her out of the state, "Vi, are you ok" Y/n asked, concerned washed all over her face, as Vi held her hand and softly nodded, "I'm just fine cupcake" Vi said continuing, as they both smiled, Jareth started to realize that they truly were in love, but still he wanted to make sure of it.

Jareth:
~I'm in love with a fairytale
Even though it hurts~
~'Cause I don't care if I lose my mind
I'm already cursed~

Vi continued to dance as she would still make glimps at Jareth, all of sudden everything stopped again, and it showed Y/n and Z as kids, as Vi smiled and looked around, remembering when she met y/n, but it also reminded Vi that she was always going to be from the undercity, even if there was a chance that they could marry , she knew that people would still be judgemental, and she was never gonna really fit in.

Jareth:
~She's a fairytale~
Yeah
~Even though it hurts
'Cause I don't care if I lose my mind
I'm already cursed~

Vi was brought back to reality, as y/n leaned her head against Vi's chest as they slowly danced, Vi made eye contact with Jareth one last time, and as he finished singing, he softly nodded his head in approval, it was hard for him to see his baby niece fall in love but he saw that vi cared deeply for y/n, as the music started to slow down, Vi and y/n separated for a minute and bowed as y/n held a smile.

"Come on let's get out of here" Y/n said holding onto Vi's hand as she smiled and nodded kissing the top of it as they walked off hand in hand.