Bust

Papyrus crouched in front of a small, abandoned shop. This was where he'd tracked [C/N]'s scent too. He just had to wait for the police and a warrant. If it were up to him, he wouldn't be waiting, he'd be walking home with his kid with terrified, tortured humans behind him. Unfortunately he could not do that for the fragile peace between humans and monsters and his daughters future. It took way too much time for his liking, he almost picked up on his smoking habit again to destress, but he knew neither of his girls would've liked that. Eventually they finally did come though, surrounding the building and breaking in, searching the place while Papyrus, being a civilian, was forced to stay outside where he couldn't be harmed. Before long, adults both human and monster were in cuffs being dragged out by police while tons of kids were being brought out, none of which he recognized as his daughter's scent. He'd saved so many but the one he wanted to save... she was already sold... Papyrus whined lowly. "You don't recognize any of them as yours?" He shook his skull. "Don't worry too much, we will find her." Papyrus really needed a cigarette.
🗝🗝🗝🗝🗝🗝

You and Sans saw it on the news. The bust. All those kids your soulmate had a part in saving. You were proud of him, this could definitely help in human monster relations. The only downside was that [C/N] wasn't there, which meant she'd been sold, already... you grabbed your keys and wallet before heading out to find Papyrus and talk to the police about the escalated situation, what they planned on doing to find her. "[Y/N]-"
"I'll be back, Sans. I'm just going to get Pap and talk to the cops." Sans turned off the TV and trailed after you. "LET ME COME WITH, I WANT TO HELP!" You smiled. "Of course you can come, Sans. We could use all the help we can get." You locked the door behind yourself before heading to where the bust had been. He wasn't there when you and Sans got there and there alway wasn't as much police. Sans took to tracking his brother quickly. "OH NO..." Sans recognized the smell of cigarette smoke anywhere. "I've... got this..." You told Sans as you walked over to the gas station where Papyrus could be seen smoking outside.
🗝🗝🗝🗝🗝🗝

You walked over quietly, taking off your talking necklace thingy and tucking it away in your pocket. Papyrus sensed you anyway. "i know i shouldn't be smoking i just... we were too late, [Y/N]... i was too late... she's gone.." Tears were in his sockets, it seemed he'd been crying for a little while now. You took his hand, entertwining your fingers with his. Papyrus looked at you when you didn't respond. "where's your-"
"Are you giving up that easily?" Papyrus blinked. "she's-"
"We've hit a roadblock. But she's still out there, waiting for us. Are you going to keep her waiting?"
"no-" You smiled. "Then let's go do something about this. Talk to the police. They might have leads already. Find her scent and track her again. Something. We just can't give up." Papyrus crushed his cigarette underpaw. "thanks for the peptalk, honey." He handed you the pack as he kissed your cheek and went to talk to the cops. You threw away the pack of cigarettes before putting your necklace back on. "Let's go Sans. It's not over yet."

Who's POV next?

You?

Papyrus?

Sans?

Your child?