A Grand Escape

Papyrus dialed 911 taking deep breaths to relax himself. He was just outside, if something happened before the police came, he would hear it and break in. This was the right course of action for now. With anti monster protestors just down the street, he couldn't afford to fuck up the shaky peace they had. He paced around, avoiding actually going back into the yard in case it was some law he could break. A squad car came before long. "You make that call?" Papyrus nodded and adjusted his hoodie to make sure his neck cuff was covered. "yessir, i smell her in there." Papyrus gestured his skull towards the house. "We can knock and ask to search the premises, but without a search warrant, we can't do much yet." The officer admitted. "do what you can..." Papyrus followed the officer to the door, glad that it was one of the good ones. Pro monster. Thank the stars. The knock resounded and a man with his child's scent on him stepped out... more faded was the scent of his beloved. His sockets widened and narrowed. What were the chances...? What were the chances that Kane Carron would be his daughter's buyer?
🗝🗝🗝🗝🗝🗝

Papyrus and the human male seemed to stare at each other as the officer started to explain the situation. "We have reason to believe you are holding a child captive in your home, if I could have a look around the premises...?" The eye contact broke. "Of course, officer. I have nothing to hide." The man replied. The officer went in, instructing Papyrus to stay put. "you're not gonna get away with what you've done."
"I'm afraid I don't know what you mean." Kane responded evenly. "we will find her, wherever you are hiding her and you will be punished." Papyrus replied lowly. "You sound so sure it was me, what makes you so confident?" As if Papyrus would tell him. "i just do... call it instinct." He wished he could go in, he could find her so easily. If she wasn't found this time, he was afraid she be moved. "If you'll excuse me, I should probably tend to my unexpected guest." The door was slammed in Papyrus face, though that was the least of his worries. He was more worried about what that man would do to the officer and [C/N].
🗝🗝🗝🗝🗝🗝

Papyrus waited at the door for something to happen. He wasn't sure what, but he knew something was gonna happen. He smelled smoke. And not cigarette smoke either. What did he do?! Papyrus was ready to bust him himself but "DADDY!" Papyrus head snapped to the side of the house where Kane carried his muzzled and weakly struggling daughter. Bandages wrapped around her arms with small splotches of blood seeping through. Papyrus lunged off the porch and at the man with his wounded daughter. "AH, STOP!" He put a gun to her head and Papyrus froze, gathering his magic to blast Kane to bits. He growled loudly, but Kane didn't seem phased. "You have two choices now. Take me down, take your daughter, and get out of here... but I highly doubt you could make it to the unconscious police officer currently trapped in my burning basement." That's where the smoke smell was coming from?! "Or... you could go save him, but I highly doubt you would make it up in time to catch me as I drive away. Which will it be?

Save the kid?

Save the officer?