I

There was a school. This school taught young people of all genders and race how to pilot, engineer, and coordinate a ship, along with being a back-up pilot. On the roof of this school, sat a boy. The boy was wearing a green white shirt with dark blue shorts and tennis shoes. He had headphones on while we wrote in his litte book of research. As of right now, he was listening to his hand-made radio that tap into alien stations. As he was writing something down, a lanky male with a signature brown jacket. Behind him was another male. He had a big stature, but you could see that fear of being caught was the only thing on his mind right now.
  The lanky male reached to the smaller boy's headphones, pulling them away from his ears and whispered, "You come out here to rock out?" The young male jumped, the headphones now falling to his neck as he whipped his head to the two other males.
  "Lance!" the boy scream. Shyly, he looks away from the two and to the roof's floor "Oh no, just looking at stars." Lance then took notice of the tech behind the smaller boy.
"Man, where did you get this stuff? Doesn't look like Garrison tech." Lance inquires. The bigger male gets closer to the tech, now interested in it. The small boy smirked.
  "I built it," he said smugly. The bigger male almost touches the tech when the smaller male hit him. "Stop it," he chides to the bigger male. "With this thing, I can scan all the way to the edge of the solar system."
  Lance sits there, looking not that interested in all. "That right? All the way the Kerberos?" The smaller male's eyes widen. The small boy shrinks. "You go ballistic everytime the instructors bring it up. What's your deal?" The bigger male then starts to touch the tech again. The smaller boy glars at him.
  "Second warning, Hunk." Hunk sulks, but gets away from the tech once more.
  "Look Pidge, if we're gonna bond as a team, we can't have any secrets," Lance states. Pidge sighs, looking at the ground.
  "Fine." Pidge looks back at the two. "The world as you know it, is about to change. The Kerberos mission wasn't lost because of some malfunction or crew mistake. STOP TOUCHING MY EQUIPMENT!" he then yells at Hunk, who's once more touching said tech. Hunk flops over on his side, giving up and pouting. "So I've been scanning the system and picking up alien radio chatter." Pidge doesn't tell them everything though, because he believes it's not time for that yet. Hunk sits up, now terrified and worried.
  "Woah! What? Aliens?" Pidge glares at Lance.
  Lance then pipes up,"Okay, so you're insane. Got it."
  "I'm serious! They keep repeating one word-" he then picks up his journal and points to a picture her drew, "-Voltron. And tonight, it's going crazier than I have ever heard it." Lance looks to be interested now.
  "How crazy?" Lance asks. All of a sudden, alarms go off.
  "Attention students: this is not a drill. We are on lock down. Security situation: zoolo-niner. Repeat: all students are to remain in their barracks until further notice." All the boys look around and Hunk finally stands back up.
  "What's going on?" he questions. He points to something in the sky. "Is that a meteor?!" he screams. "A very, very big meteor?" Pidge gets his binoculars.
  "That's a ship!" Lance then grabs them, pulling Pidge along with those.
  "Holy croll! I can't believe what I'm seeing! That's not one of ours!"
  "No. That's one of theirs," Pidge says as they watch the ship fly passed them.
  "So there really are aliens out there?!" They then see the ship crash in the far off desert. Then they see Garrison trucks roll out of the base, heading towards that crash site. Pidge stands up after collecting his equipment. His bag hanging no on his back, he turns to the two other boys.
  "We gotta see that ship!" he says as he starts to run. Lance follows him as he looks at Hunk.
  "Hunk, come on!" He says as they run to the roof's door. Hunk sulks, but then starts to run after them.

_______

The boys are now on a cliff. Pidge hacking into the cameras while the other two take a look at the site from where they were. Lance looks through the binoculars as he moves it through the whole sight, seeing the ship and a dome tent that was meant to cover something. "Woah. What the heck is that thing?!" He then focuses the binoculars on a woman guarding the outside of the covered site. "And who the heck is she?" Pidge hits Lance. "Man there's no way we can get passed thos guards to look."
  "Oh man... I guess there is nothing to do, but head back to the barracks, right?" Hunk says as he starts to walk away.
  "Wait! They set up a camera and I grabbed it's live feed. Look," Pidge says as the two other boys then start to crouch around Pidge's equipment. There, they see three people in hazmat suits surrounding a man strapped down to the table.
  "Hey, what are you doing?!" the man strapped down asked.
  "Calm down, Shiro. We just need ot keep you quarantined until we run some tests on you,"a man in one hazmat suit tells him. Shiro then starts to freak out some.
  "You need to listen to me, they destroy worlds! Aliens are coming!" Shiro tries to warn. Lance point to Shiro.
  "That's Shiro, head of the Kerberos mission. That guy's my hero!" Lance yells, confused at what he's seeing.
  "I guess he' not dead afterall," Hunk states. Pidge takes a closer look.
  "But where's the rest of the crew?"
  "Do you know how long you've been gone?" one of the hazmatt people ask.
  "I don't know. Months, years, there's no time! Aliens are coming here for a weapon. They're probably on their way. They'll detroy us. We have to find Voltron!"Shiro yells.
  "Voltron!" Pidge yells. All three of the boys look at each other. One of the hazmat people look to their suprerior.
  "Sir, look! It appears that his arm was replaced with a cyborg prosthetic."
  "Put him under until we learn what that thing can do." the superior tells them. Shiro starts to panic, trying to get out of the restraints now.
  "No! Don't put me under! There's no time!" he yells, trying to get them to stop. One of them grabs the scruff of his hair as he injects the sleep drug into Shiro's system.
  "They didn't ask about the rest of the crew," Pidge points out.
  "What are they doing? The guy's a legend and they're not even gonna listen to him?" Lance asks. Pidge looks to Lance, not determined.
  "We need to get him out." Hunk steps away, his hands raised in the gesture of don't come at me for saying this.
  "Uh... I hate to be the voice of reason here- always- but weren't we just watching on the T.V. because we there was no way to get passed the guards?" Lance looks back at the big man.
  "Well, that was before we were properly motivated. Just gotta think....." Lance puts his hand on his chin, thinking. Pidge and Lance give some ideas of how to get in, one was tunneling, the other was dressing in the hazmat suits.
  "Or we could dress up like cooks and sneak back into the base with a late night snack," Hunk suggests, hopeful that they'll do that. Lance looks at him in disbelief of Hunk still trying to go back.
  "No. What we need is a distraction." Right after Lance says that, explosions go off in the distance. The boys jump from the suddennes and Hunk covers his ears, screaming if those had been from the aliens Shiro was talking about.
  "No! Those explosions were a distraction-" Pidge then points to the entrance to the quaranteened area. " for him!" A hoverbike is heading towards the site. Pidge grabs his binoculars, seeing a guy with a black mullet with a red bandana covering the lowe half of his face. "The Garrisons headed towards the blast and he's headed towards sneaking through the other side!"  Lance, once more, grabs the binoculars  from Pidge to take a closer look. Lance sees the guy headed towards the entrance.
  "No way! Oh he is not beat us in there! That guy is always trying to one-up me!" Lance says as he heads his way down to the site.
  "Who is it?" Hunk asks. Pidge then finishes packing up his equipment once more.
  "Keith!" Lance yells as he runs down. Pidge and Hunk start to may their way down as well.
  "Who's Keith?!" Pidge asks.
  "These readings are off the charts, one of the hazmat people say. The door opens, showing the mysterious person with black hair, other-wise known as Keith. All of the researchers look at him. "Hey!" They all run at Keith, trying to take him out. Keith manages to throw one of them into some equipment, knowing them out. The other headed the opposite direction but being knocked out hte same way. Keith then full-on punches the third one in the face. He falls back onto the table, hitting it hard and then gets knocked out. Keith runs to Shiro and pulls down his bandana.
  He checks the face of the man before seeing that it's Shiro. "Shiro?" Keith questions. The said man groans. Keith grabs his knife and cuts off the restraints. He brings one of Shiro's arms over his shoulders as he starts to make his way out with him. Lance walks in.
  "No. Nopety-nope. No. No. No. I'm saving Shiro," Lance says as he pushes the table Shiro was once on and takes the other arm onto his shoulder to further help with getting Shiro out.
  "Who the hell are you?" Keith asks.
  "Who am I? The name's Lance." Lance blinks at him, expecting some form of recognition. "We were in the same class at the Garrison."
  "Really, are you an engineer?" Keith asks, still trying to remember him.
  "No. I'm a pilot. We were like rivals-you know Lance and Keith, neck in neck," Lance says, trying to really make Keith to remember.
  "Oh wait, I remember you. You were a cargo pilot."
  "Well not anymore. I'm fighter class now, thanks to you washing out," Lance tries to boast.
  "Congradulations?"
  "Uh... Hey guys! The Garrison's coming back and they don't look happy!" Hunk calls out. "We gotta go!" He says as him and Pidge run to the hovercraft. All the boys start to get on the bike. "Uh, do you mind if we catch a ride with you?" As soon as Hunk sits on there, the whole craft dips downward to him.
  "Is this thing gonna be big enough for all of us?" Pidge asks.
  "No." Keith answers. They see the Garrison get closer the more time they use to get on the craft. Keith turns on the craft and drive away with all the boys on the craft. Pidge complains about holding Shiro while Lance complains about the speed. "We could toss some nonesiental weight."
  "Oh right!" Lance says as he looks around the bike. "Okay, so that was an insult. I get it."
  "Big man, lean left!" Hunk does as Keith ahs instructed and all besides for the boy in red yell in shock from the change in weight and gravitiy hitting them. As they lean left. a car had tipped over. Hunk mutters to himself about the teachers driving the trucks. "Big man, lean right." The samoan leans that way, another car being tipped in the process from the sharp turn. The hovercraft then starts it's way up a hill, the Garrison still on their tail.
  "Guys, is that a cliff up ahead?!" Hunks yells as he point in front of them. The teens besides for Keith, start to let out sounds of panic. Keith leans forward, a smirk on his face as he increases speed and the hoverbike flies off the cliff.
  "What were you thinking?! You're gonna kill us all, Keith!" Lance yells out, gripping onto the wing of the craft.
  "Shut up and trust me!" Keith yells. With some movements, Keith gets the craft to land evenly on the ground and continue it's travel across the desert, leaving the Garrison on the cliff, unable to follow them further.
  As they make their way across the desert, the sun starts to peak out and they soon reach an old cabin. Shiro had since woken up a little after being passed out on the couch in the cabin. He was looking at the sunrise as he thought about what has happened. Keith came from behind him, putting a hand on Shiro's shoulder."It's good to have you back, Shiro," Keith tells him, his voice soft unlike hours before when he was tense and yelling at the other boys. Shiro looked at Keith, smiling.
  "It's good to be back," he says, crossing his arms.
  "So what happened out there? Where were you?" Keith asked. Shiro stood still for a moment, thinking about it.
  "I'm not quite sure. My memory is a little hazy right now. I just remember my crew and the intern we had were collecting samples and then we were attacked. We were taken onto a ship and somehow I escaped from there. I thought that the intern would be with me, but something must have happend and we got seperated on our way to the pod. It's mostly just a blur." Shiro then looked at Keith. "How did you know to come save me when I crashed?" Keith turned his whole body towards Shiro.
  "You should come see this," he says as he leads his way back to the cabin.