IV

It took that whole night to get myself together, but when I did, I was in a big room. The ceiling reached so high and the room, length-wise, was probably bigger than the walls. There was this weird shaped window, it looking like it was made for viewing for whatever this room was made for. I was sitting in one of the corners of the room when I was back to myself. I stood up from my spot. SIghing, I weave a hand through my hair, accidentally pulling from strands the knots were in. "Goddamnit. I let myself get over emotional. I'm so going to have fun the next time I see everyone." I sigh once more. "What even happened there? Why did I get over emotional anyways? I guess I should work on that or I'll do that over and over again every time we get attacked. Fuck! I can't get weak like that again!" I scold myself even more before I hear the door opening. 

  Looking up, I see Shiro walk in. He looks at me surprised. "Haven? How are you doing and what are you doing up?" I nervously laughed at him.

 "Hi Shiro.... I'm doing fine right now and for what I'm doing up..... well let's say, I haven't slept yet since I was getting a hold of myself," I say, not looking at him. I hear him sigh and footsteps. A hand is placed on my head. I look back at the tall Japanese man. 

  "I heard from Keith that you weren't alright... so, are you sure you're fine now?" I nod. So that is mullet boy's name. Fits him pretty well. I take a step away from the older man.

  "Yep!" I chirp. "All good right now! I'm just tired as fuck right now," I groan. "Maybe even find out where the hell I'm staying since this room is not as appetizing as it may look." Shiro laughs, shaking his head at my words. A hand is placed on my shoulder.

  "Then why not we head to your room. Sleep is important after all," he tells me. I nod and we make our way to my room. 

.

.

.

"I've always been alone. So, there is no need to be like this. I can do these things alone as always"  Her voice echoes in his head. Their interaction has stayed in his mind, currently haunting his mindscape, even in his dreams. Her cold blue eyes had shook him at his core and the monotone voice had pulled some form of negative feelings at his heart when she said those words. He tossed and turned in his sleep, unable to get her words and just the interaction in whole out of his head.

  He sighed, giving up. Keith laid flat against his matress, staring at the ceiling, thinking of their encounter. "Always alone huh....." he murmured to himself. He knew that feeling all too well. After Keith's dad died, he's been alone up until the point Shiro entered his life. Then Shiro was captured and he felt alone again and even lost with himself. That loneliness filled him so much to the point when trying to find Shiro, he got booted from Garrison. This feeling got worse until he managed to find Shiro, passed out and tied up by the Garrison. The one Shiro had given so much trust in. Keith had given them as much trust in the Garrison too, but that was shattered when Shiro disappeared.

  Keith knew all too well the feeling of being alone. Making up his mind, he decided to help her, to make sure she never feels alone again. Definitely while she's not with Voltron the Universe's Defender.

  He then heard voices in the hall, some of the automatic lights turning on. Keith gets up and the door opens. He looks down the hall, seeing Haven and Shiro walking towards the rooms.Quickly, he steps back, the door closing. He presses a button near his door, it locking and not being able to move if he got near it. Keith leans his ear to the door, hearing them getting closer with each tik. Keith can hear Haven laughing.