VIII

We were in the Red Lion; Kolivan, Shiro, Keith and I. "Shiro then opens a line through the communication line. "Princess, we're coming back and we're bringing someone you should meet," Shiro tells her. We board the ship in the Lion. Walking out, Kolivan takes down his holographic mask, taking down his hood. He then bows down in front of Allura. 

  "Princess Allura, it's good to see that the rumors are true. You're still alive after all these years," Kolivan says.

  "So is Zarkon. Can we consider you our ally in the fight against him?" Allura asked the Galra.

  "Yes, but we have little time to discuss this. I just received word from our spy inside the Galran hierarchy. They have become aware of our presence, so the timetable for our plan has been moved up," Kolivan tells us.

  "How soon?" Shiro asks. 

  "Now," Kolivan answers. We all stare in shock. That soon? The conversation then goes to how we should go to another room to discuss the details of the plan. I lounge around the window, watching the stars. I was probably stuck in thought until Hunk woke back up from his power nap.

  "What did I miss?" Hunk yells. Lance looks at Hunk.

  "Oh nothing important. We've just figured out a way to defeat Zarkon," Lance jokes. 

  "Really? I dozed for ten minutes and you guys figured out how to defeat the forces of evil?" Hunks asks.

  "You were asleep for three hours," Pidge intervenes. I sigh at them and just look back at the stars. There's nothing I can do to help everyone defeat Zarkon anyways. 

  "Zarkon's reign will end and the savagery that's poisoned our universe shall finally be cleansed," I hear Kolivan say. I mentally cheer for him on that. 

  "As long as we all stick to the plan, it should work," Allura says.

  "It will work. Perhaps, then, you'll learn that not all Galra are as bad as Zarkon," Kolivan says. I feel eyes on me. I look towards Allura as I see her look between me and Keith. I glare at her. She has not been the same since we came back and learned that Keith was part Galra. It's not his fault he was born that way. She was nice to me though and I started to back off from her due to her prejudice shit going on here. I swear, it's like racism on Earth again- just plain ol' stupid shit now that I remember. Why hate someone just for different skin colors? It was so stupid and that was part of why I hated being on Earth, though I do miss some parts of it.

  The small part of the team that went away for a bit came back into the big group and I decided to join them as well. I came in just as soon as I heard Pidge ask, "So when do we strike?" Coran pulls up a hologram.

   "As soon as we make a big enough teludav," I say. 

  "Oh man, does that mean we need more scaultrite?" Hunk whines. 

  "That's just one of the many things we'll need," Allura says. 

  "Am I, uh... Am I sensing a trip back to the space mall here?" 

  "I don't think so Hunk," I tell him.

  "This is gonna take a lot more scaultrite than we can find in any Unilu shop. For this plan to succeed, we're gonna need to split up. We all have a task to do," Coran says. "Keith, Hunk, you'll be in charge of getting the scaultrite. If any one of us fails, the entire plan fails." Coran then starts to name off who else does what. All the Paladins are in the Yellow Lion's hanger as of the moment. Shiro has just hugged Keith and the said boy looked at Allura as she looked away from him.This causes me to get irritated. 

  I huff, but keep calm. Keith comes up to me next. "Hey man, don't die getting that scaultrite, alright?" I teasingly say. He huffs in amusement of me, but nods. He looks down for a bit before I decide to elbow him in his ribs. "Don't let what Allura is doing to you get in the way of the mission. It's unfair yes, but just focus on what you need to do at the moment," I tell him, hoping that'll cheer him up. It wasn't until moments later that the two left on the Yellow Lion.