Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9-

“Slept well?” Daniel asked Jenna. She turned and smiled at him. “YES!” she gave him a bright smile as she answered with a squeak in her voice. Okay that was loud. I mean he just asked you about your sleep not your meeting as an intern at Jimmy Choo!

Noah dropped Jenna at her house and then took a turn from there. I think taking a turn towards Daniel’s house, I guess. I’ve never even seen his house. Nor do I know anything about his family . or anything. Noah started driving out of the town.
“Where are we going?” I asked.
“We’re going to Daniel’s house!” Noah said looking back. After a few minutes we landed in front of a beautiful house. And a massive one too. It was the same size as mine but the house was beautiful. With the vintage cars parked in the garage, and the fountain. It was similar to mine but somehow more beautiful. Daniel picked up his bag as we entered the gates.

“You live here?” I asked him in shock.
“Yeah..” he blushed getting of the car.
“Urm Claire?” he asked getting back in.
“Yeah?”
“I wanted to ask you something” then he added “About the project. Today you want to do it or tomorrow? Anything that suits you” he smiled as he waited for my reply.
“Today at 4 you can come at my house! It’s Saturday and I don’t have any practice! Is that okay?” he nodded and left. My eyes followed him until he went inside. He waved and smiled before completely disappearing . After a couple of seconds Noah coughed.
“What?” I was still mad at him.
“Are you going to stop dreaming that he might come out from his balcony and smirk at you like a prince? So stop dreaming and come and sit in front?” he asked. I opened and sat by him. I turned to look back as he started the car.
“Wait is that..” Noah trailed of pointing at my chin. “What?” I asked looked in the mirror getting worried. “Is that-is that a DROOL?” and he burst into fits of laughter. I slapped his hand away and crossed my arms on my chest. But eventually ended up smiling.

“Where the hell are we going?” I noticed Noah taking the other street. Not the one towards our house.
“I’m thinking of kidnapping you and asking for ransom from your father!” he joked.

He parked into a playground. Not just a playground. That’s exactly where we go after a fight or where we usually hide from the ugly truths and painful lies.
“Why are we here?” I asked getting out of the car.
“Because, I’m an idiot and last night wasn’t pretty good!” he shoved his hands into his pocket walking by my side towards the swing. I love that swing.
“You’re an idiot, I agree. Apart from our squabble last night, I had a nice time!”
“In the rain?” he questioned.
“No with Daniel” I smiled.
“The shirt explained it!” he joked as I punched his arm. “Okay okay, hey girlfriend want to give me some ‘dets’!” he was trying to act so cheeky and girly! Or trying to be stereotypically gay.
“Oh shut up! I had a nice time because I got to know him a little.”
“As in?”
“Well I thought it will be a nice time to get to know him. Like generally. I mean you know I thought I knew nothing about him since I never noticed him earlier but I did know a lot about him.” I causally said taking a seat on the slide.
“Okay. You had a nice time with the nerd!”
“And you had a nice time with the worst dress ever?” I mocked him.
“She’s a nice person. Just a little loud but she’s sweet!”
“Yeah but that still didn’t mean you had to trash me like that! I was almost-“
“Oh please! Okay I got her on a date, my car broke down. I led the way, but I lost my way and found you guys. I said I’ll take you to a safe place, I took you in a place which literally had trouble written over it. So I thought I’d make her smile a little. At least she’ll have something to smile about from the night! I have a reputation, and I didn’t want her to feel stuck with me” Noah sighed looking away. So this is why he had been acting like that. He cares! I just hugged him straight away. He’s so sweet. Behind that bad boy, there’s a little boy.