Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12-

“Get out” I say expressionless to the nurse standing with my tray of breakfast in her hand.

“You have to eat-“

“Eat it? Please I’d rather lick an armpit because that would be better than this!” I point at the food as she makes a gross expression. It was a figure of speech. I look at her dumbly and she doesn’t get the sign that I want her to leave.

“GET OUT!” I scream as she backs off a little before turning and as she leaves the room with the tray in her hand.

One thing I never understood was sympathy. It’s been a week since I fainted and got admitted in the hospital. Ms Anderson still hasn’t let me move back at my place and I feel better. I decided to go to school the day right after the hospital discharged me. No point in keeping a loud noisy brat in the hospital anyway.

But what I didn’t understand was the pity expressions people were giving me. And the fact that Ms Anderson had a nurse for me for the next month. Why? So that my health is stable. It made me angry. Not at Ms Anderson but the few people who came to visit me. The look on their faces was pity. They kept telling me ‘It’s okay’. As if they saying this would make a difference. I know I’m okay. I just had a little panic attack, that’s all. But I guess I didn’t know that taking sympathy was worse than giving it to someone. I’m never going to good at both.

I was about to get up from my bed when I saw a familiar pair of blue eyes wander from the window making its way inside the room. With his hand in his hair he gave me a weak smile before coming in.

“What brings you here Nerdy?” I ask getting up. Daniel rushes to help me get up but I rudely move his hand away giving him a glare.

“I can get up on my own” he moves is hand away and pours me a glass on water as I open the closet to take out clothes for school.

“Just thought I’d see how you are” I give him a smile before taking my jacket off and throwing it on the bed. Daniel came almost everyday. I didn’t get why he came. But he came right before school or maybe afterwards and said he wanted to work on the project but we just talked the whole time.

“That’s what everyone has been coming to do!” I roll my eyes as I go inside to change. I feel perfectly fine now, maybe a few days after I came out I didn’t feel good but today I might be in mood for mischief! Plus there’s a big beach party in two days. What could be more exciting.

“No I’m not here to show sympathy or anything knowing that you hate it” he said and I felt myself smile at that. “I’m just here to see how you are. That’s all.”

“You could have done that in school” i reply and he had nothing more to say. I’m snappy I know.

I reach school and as soon as I get out of my car I walk towards Brianna and Stella.

I had accepted the fact that Noah and Stella might last longer. If anything happens I’d have no idea what to do and I made sure I let them know that. I could stay angry at people for longer than even the world would last but staying mad at my best friends wasn’t my thing. It was Friday and who isnt happy on Fridays?

“James party on Sunday! I heard he’s bringing his brothers college friends to the beach house too!” Brianna says nudging my arm. I just chuckle at it as we make our way to our lockers and I meet Daniel’s eyes. He’s walking with a book in his hand towards our first class of the day. I try going towards him but I stop myself as I close my locker.

The whole first period Daniel and I don’t exchange a word. We don’t even talk the whole day even during lunch time. It feels awkward. Maybe he wanted to say something this morning but he wasn’t able to because of my snappy attitude. But in my defence, I wanted to know what brought him there. Or maybe my attitude is just like that all the time and I don’t even notice it.