The Grandparents Exist

Gracie had to grab Kylie by her metal arm to stop her from chasing after their daughter. "Stop. You know it's useless to chase after her."

Kylie grit her teeth before slowly relaxing. She took a deep breath before punching the counter with her flesh hand. "Gods! That dumbass! I told you we shouldn't have done that."

"And what?" Lillian interjected. "Drive her all the way over there and let her see tire tracks and a broken door?! She has all the gear she would need to get to Camp. She may be a dumbass despite being related to my mom, but she had fucking good survival instincts! There's a reason none of them have gotten to her yet."

Jessie sighed. "Besides, it's Perci. Even if we had been able to catch her, you know for a fact that we wouldn't be able to keep her here. We might as well let her get there sooner rather than later. We all know that our dumbass upstairs wouldn't let her die. She probably sent that dude from the museum to make sure none of them would've gotten to her, tying back to what Lillian said. Just let her go."

Kylie ran her hand through her hair, having taken her metal one off. "What should we do-" She was cut off by 5 bright lights in their living room.

Hailey rolled her eyes. "I swear, if it's them, I'm going to punch my father in the arm."

They all walked into the living room to see their parents there. Gracie glanced at her father and motioned downstairs. Neither of them would be very useful in this conversation. One would let her Latina temper get the best of her and the other would just sit there and listen. It's always awkward when that happens.

Hephaestus accepted his daughters offer and they went into the basement together to work on machines.

Hailey walked up to her father and punched him in the arm. "Ua haʻi aku au iā ʻoe e kuʻi au iā ʻoe inā hoʻokani ʻoe i ka Jonas Brothers e hoʻāla iaʻu!" (I told you I'd punch you if you played the Jonas Brothers to wake me up!)

Her father put his hands up in fake surrender. "'Sucker' is their best song. I had to!"

Before the duo started to argue about a group of boys- always useless against a bunch of lesbians and two bisexuals who preferred women- Kylie cleared her throat. Jessie, as the only mortal pansexual in the room, stayed quiet for the time being.

"Sit down right now, or I will go into the kitchen," Kylie threatened. "Plant Parent still has the curse on me."

The duo rolled their eyes and sat on opposite sides of the room. Hailey made a slicing motion over her neck.

"What are you all doing here?" Lillian asked. "Seems slightly suspicious that you all arrive 8 minutes after your granddaughter ran out the door. Either you-know-who tipped you off, or you were watching. Which, by the way, is Unlawful Surveillance in the Second Degree, New York Penal Law 250.45, a class E felony, and would have you charged with up to 4 years if you all were mortals."

Her mother simply raised an eyebrow.

"Lady Upstairs said to come here," Kylie's father explained. Surprisingly, he was calm for the meeting, yet had a hint of excitement in his posture. It unnerved everyone. 

Lillian's mother handed her daughter a note. 'It's going to happen soon. You might want to head over on Wednesday of next week. She needs some time to settle in. Won't say much for now aside that she's going to beat up one of Arms' sisters because she tried to hurt Perci and that she'll beat one of Brainiac's sisters along with Cabin 11's head counselor.'

The first movement was Jessie slowly raising her hand to flip off the sky. "Bitch."

"Yeah, but we married her for some reason," Lillian said.

"I do assume you all be heading on over to camp soon," said the woman sitting with perfect posture and dressed in a pale tunic, speaking for the first time. "Next Wednesday, if I recall correctly."

Hailey pursed her lips. "We might as well. One, need to make sure our daughter hasn't done anything too stupid, like picking a fight with a dragon. Two, I need to make sure that they know what good music is."

Gracie suddenly ran into the room. "El idiota se olvidó de tomar la medicina!" (The idiot forgot to take the medicine!)

"Just fucking great."