twenty six

"My mom abandoned me when I was a kid. I ended up in military school when I turned 12. I met this girl called Riley. She wanted to run away and join the fireflies," Ellie began, "She left and she didn't tell me."

I tore my eyes from her, bowing my head to avoid her gaze as she continued.

"I didn't hear from her for six weeks. Then she randomly snuck into my dorm, scared me half to death," She chuckled reminiscently, looking up at she recalled memories from lifetimes ago, "She said she'd found the fireflies but she was being all secretive, said she'd only tell me what went down if I snuck out with her. So I did."

I stroked Ellie's arm gently, my fingertips dragging delicate circles on her warm skin. I nuzzled myself into her chest as she wrapped her arm around me.

"We went to the mall. It was the second best night of my life. We played games and danced, goofed off for hours. We even managed to find an old photo booth and took some stupid photos. Man, I'd kill to see them now," Ellie continued, her smile fading before she sighed, "We got bit leaving the mall. Riley turned, I didn't. I didn't know what to do. So I found Marlene, an old friend of my mom's, she thought my immunity could lead to a vaccine. That's when I met Joel."

I paused for a few seconds, sitting with what she'd told me, milling it over. So much had happened to her from such a young age, she was the single most strongest person I'd ever met. It was interesting to see her so vulnerable. She'd often shrug me off when I asked questions about her past, mumbling under her breath that it 'wasn't important anymore' before swiftly changing the topic of conversation. She was really starting to open up.

"I'm sorry that happened to you, Ellie..." I frowned, sitting up on my elbow to look at her, "I'll never let anything or anybody hurt you for as long as I live."

She smiled softly, placing her hand on the back of my head to pull me in for a slow kiss. I threw my leg over her waist, straddling her as I tucked some loose hair behind my ear. Her hands travelled slowly down my waist causing me to roll my hips before they rested on my thighs. She massaged the tender skin gently, bucking her hips into mine as we kissed breathlessly.

Ellie threw me off of her, climbing on top of me to reconnect our lips with haste. Our desperation to explore each others bodies was boiling over, she tore at my clothes until I was practically naked and began to sloppily kiss down my stomach. Pulling my leg over her shoulder, she pressed soft kisses to my inner thighs as I whined for her touch.

I tangled my fingers in her hair, my eyes fluttering shut when she began to slowly tease my clit. My breath hitched as she sucked gently, my head tilting back as I moaned at her touch. She pulled away, leaning on her elbow as she brought two fingers to my pussy to stroke it slowly.

She smirked as she pushed two fingers inside of me causing me to cover my mouth with my hand as I gasped. I clenched my eyes shut as she began to slowly pump her long fingers in and out steadily.

"Let me hear you," Ellie instructed, pulling my hand from my mouth and intertwining our fingers.

I rolled my hips as I threw my head back, chewing on my lower lip in another attempt to mask my loud whimpers. Ellie pulled herself up, hovering over me before grabbing my chin with her free hand.

"Keep your eyes on me or I'll stop," She grunted breathlessly.

"Fuck me harder," I choked out, draping my arms around her neck as she complied.

That familiar feeling grew in my stomach as I desperately bucked my hips into hers. Her gaze was hot on my cheeks, her eyes darkened with lust and desperation.

"Who makes you feel this good?" She asked, catching me off-guard, "Hm?"

"You do, Ellie." I gasped.

"That's fucking right," She smirked, "Now cum for me."

I whined loudly as I threw my hips upwards, clenching my eyes shut when I came. My legs shook violently as Ellie pulled out of me, collapsing at my side to stroke my stomach softly.

"Are you okay?" She asked, allowing me a few moments to catch my breath.

I turned my face to the side to look at her, blushing a deep red before covering my face with my hands - half to hide my toothy grin and half to hide the fact that I looked like I was going to implode at any given moment.

"Ellie Williams," I chuckled breathlessly, "You drive me insane."

She shook her head, looking down with a soft smile before meeting my eyes once more. Her gaze stayed fixed on mine, only faltering to study my features. My lips, my cheeks, my eyes. Every time she looked at me it was like she'd never seen me before, as if it was all too much for her to take in at once.

Ellie pulled herself to her feet, blocking the door and flicking off the lights before crawling back into bed beside me. Although the room was dark, I could still make out her shadowy features once my eyes had adjusted to the light. She pulled me close to her, burying her face in my hair and draping her arm delicately around my waist.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure..." She responded in a soft whisper.

"Earlier, you said that day with Riley was the second best day of your life... what was the best day?"

"That night with you... you remember? When we went up the hill and we could see the whole town like a model village," She smiled reminiscently.

"And you kissed me,"

"Hey, you kissed me," She objected.

"Okay... maybe I kissed you," I snorted, rolling my eyes playfully as I kicked her leg under the blanket.

"And aren't you glad you did?"

"Shut up," I giggled tiredly, closing my eyes and burying my face into the pillow.