Chapter 20

The world's a scramble of flashing lights and thunderous, pounding beats. The music pulses through my body, driving my nearly involuntary movements. Daniel's hands sit gently on my hips. Though his body's only inches from mine, it might as well be a few feet away—it's just not close enough. I need to touch him, need to feel his solidness against me.

A fire smolders in his warm caramel eyes, and it encourages me to press my luck. I skim against him as I twist my body, and the gap between us closes. Hot blood rushes through my veins, and I burn deep inside. We're finally really dancing together, our bodies pressed hard against each other as we grind to the demanding rhythm. With every flick of my hips, I dare him to push things further.

Daniel's hands slip lower and lower, finally resting on the curve of my behind. I suck in a sharp breath when I feel a hardness grow against my belly. His eyes trail down to my lips, which part with my heaving breaths. Although the music pulses around us, time slows, and the rest of the world fades away as we rock to a rhythm that doesn't quite match the beat.

His lips graze mine, nipping and sampling, but not really kissing. I can tell he's still fighting it—fighting this urge we both feel. Our breath mingles.

"What am I doing?" Daniel's voice is little more than a deep purr in my ear.

"Dancing," I reply.

"God damn it," he mutters, pressing his forehead against mine, and his chest rumbles with a mournful chuckle.

"Don't hold back," I breathe, my body trembling with need.

"Not here."