Author's Note and Preview

I can't thank you all enough for coming on this journey with me. I still remember the excitement of getting my very first comment like it was yesterday. I paced around the room, thrilled that someone out in the world was reading and relating to my work!

In this story, I wanted to explore the difference between infatuation and genuine love. When I started writing this a decade ago (hah!), I always knew Madison and Daniel would end up together, and I knew they wouldn't find the straightest path forward. But even I was surprised by just how messy things got!

The true fallout of Madison, Daniel, and Oliver's love triangle is beyond the scope of this book. And as I wrote the final chapters, I realized I want to tell that story.

I'm excited to present a draft excerpt from that upcoming work, tentatively titled "Eclipsed":

As we eat, Daniel's best man—a guy with a fluffy, icy blond mop of hair—taps his champagne flute with a knife to call for everyone's attention.

"Hey! Hi, can I get everyone to quiet down for a sec?" His voice cracks with nervous energy as the chattering dies down. "For those who don't know me, I'm Johnny—Daniel's Best Man today." He clears his throat, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. There's an awkward pause where it seems like he's lost his train of thought. But then he rallies, flashing a grin. "I'm supposed to give some profound speech about Dee and how much he means to all of us. But I'm not the one who's good at words." Johnny's eyes flit over to a man seated at a nearby table. The man is pale and lean, with a militant buzz cut and a face sculpted like a marble statue. I study his striking profile, drinking in those chiseled cheekbones and icy blue eyes. Even seated, I can sense an intensity radiating off him.

Johnny takes a deep breath and continues his speech. "I'll never forget the night Daniel met Madison, especially because that's when I met my Princess," he says, nodding toward Ellie.

The speech meanders on, but I can't focus on his words, too engrossed in this mysterious man's reactions. While his lips quirk into an occasional polite smile, there's a profound melancholy weighing down his movements.

Finally, Johnny wraps it up with a sheepish grin and a raised glass. "To Daniel and Madison—two of my nearest and dearest. Thanks for showing me what love and friendship mean."

Buzz cut's jaw tightens, those haunted eyes staying resolutely trained on his glass as he takes a small sip of his champagne. There's a quiet anguish simmering behind that emotionless mask, and I study the planes of his face for any crack that will hint at what he's wrestling with.

But I force myself to turn away from this beautiful, broken stranger before he notices and throw my attention back to the tastiest meal I've had in years.

"Eclipsed" will follow the story of Victoria Bradford, Madison's older cousin, who meets a rather changed Oliver Rose. I don't plan to take ten years to finish this one, so I hope you'll join me for the rest of the story! You can also find me on Inkitt.