Chapter 31

"I'm sorry," Oliver says as soon as we're alone. "It's all a bit of fun to us, but I don't want you to be uncomfortable."

"Thanks," I smile, but then I sigh. Even if my one-night-stand/best-sex-I've-ever-had wasn't staring at me from across the fire, I know it would be difficult for me to talk openly about my sex life. "I hate being so uptight."

"Nothing wrong with being hesitant to spill your guts to a bunch of degenerates," Oliver says, guiding me to the expansive windows of his bedroom. I can see the fire burning below and hear bursts of laughter fluttering from the dark beyond.

I turn to face him, and I study the way the moonlight washes over his perfectly pointed features as it floods in through the windows. There's no reason to hold back anymore. No entanglement. So why do I feel so hesitant, so afraid to get what I've always wanted?

My pulse races in my temples as his face creeps closer. Oliver kisses me, but my lips don't respond. I feel frozen, unable to move even the smallest muscle. His lips travel down the side of my face and onto my neck. Each touch makes my skin buzz, and it sends me gasping even while my arms remain stiff at the sides of my board-like body.

"Are you okay?" he asks against my neck.

"Yes," I respond, trying to control my breath. I know I'm ruining it, absolutely throwing away another chance with Oliver Rose. How many more chances could he possibly give me?

"Should I stop?"

"No."

He works his way back up to my lips and claims them with a lusty kiss. Mine move weakly in response, trying to find their own power again.

He breaks the kiss and rests his cheek against mine. "Are you still afraid of me?"

Just a whisper of a word makes it out with my breath: "Yes."

"We don't have to fuck to have fun." The word "fuck" jumps at me: so vulgar, so dangerous, so thrilling. His voice isn't more than a whispery growl in my ear. "I can keep my cock in my pants."

Taking my hand, Oliver leads me to his pillowy bed. He lays me down and climbs on top of me. I focus on how his weight and his warmth feel against my body. He's just a man, after all. An incredibly talented and sexy man who wants me.

His mouth returns to my neck, and I begin to thaw as warm pleasure circulates throughout me. I grab a gentle handful of his hair to pull his face into me.

"Mmmm," he responds enthusiastically. "There she is."

"I don't want to get naked," I find myself saying.

"Okay," he responds against my neck.

"But don't stop kissing me."

His lips return to mine and I kiss him at last, my body truly awakening.

Oliver kisses back down to my throat, and my breath catches as he devours me gleefully. Dull pain radiates from my neck as he sucks my skin.

"Ohhh... be careful," I giggle.

"Do you really want me to be careful?"

"Not too careful," I admit breathlessly, the mix of pleasure and pain setting my body on fire.

He gives my neck a final tease and kisses back up to my mouth.

"I could kiss you all night," he says, his soft words near my ear.

I kiss his throat and jaw, exploring the way the angles of his features feel against my lips. My body craves more of him, but I know I'm not ready to cross the boundary I've set. Like he said, we don't have to fuck to have fun, and the more I kiss him, the more I want to explore all the ways we can have fun without actually fucking.