Chapter 8: Natural

Published: 18/12/22
Sorry for the 9-10 day wait
°☆~/|829 words|\~☆°
New record!

Pov: Third person

After Grian reached his base, he quickly thought up for what to say to the hermits.

<Grian>Everyone I'd like to announce something. Meet me in the centre of the shopping district.

Grian was on edge as he wait for some answers.

<Keralis1>ON MY WAYY
<Ijevin>Same.
<StressMonster101>Coming!
<TangoTek>Zit are on their way.
<EthosLab>me too.

Grian took a breath as he saw the messages pop up one by one. That was when he received a ping from a private chat.

Xisuma whispers to you: Do you want me to come?

Grian reads, he then replies before putting his communicator away.

You whisper to Xisuma: I'd like that.

He equipped his Elytra, for probably the last time, and took off to the shopping district.

Landing down, he saw that only Xisuma was there. Wow, he's quick.

Xisuma assured Grian once again that he was fine and there was nothing to worry about.

One by one the hermits came flooding out of the shopping district's nether portal or slowly glided down.

Grian took a deep breath and stepped slightly forward. Xisuma then silenced the hermits, and the whispering almost immediately stopped.

"So I guess you all are wondering what I wanted to announce.. Well, erm.." Grian couldn't find the words he wanted to say. Xisuma saw Grian's struggle and put his hand gently on his shoulder before whispering "It's okay" to him.

"I have... err.. something to show everyone here." After speaking, Grian slightly hesitantly lifted up his jumper. On instinct, Grian closed his eyes just like how he did when he sorta came out to Xisuma.

There were some gasps however instead of gasps of disgust, they were gasps of astonishment and curiosity. It was like they were completely oblivious to his binder.

He expected at least someone to send hate to him. At least one. Not the complete opposite for everyone.

{°~°}

"Guess years of being laughed and shamed at for being Trans took a toll on him...At least the Watchers didn't care about that, eh they did a lot more worse thing though.. I wonder if any of you'll know what happened."

"Oops.. I should stop breaking the fourth wall, the readers will be quite mad that they need more tape. Again... Just like I did but I was no interacter. Only a reader. A watcher. You've read enough."

{°~°}

"Y-you guys aren't going to try and get me off the server?.." he asked in confusion. The only type of answer he got to that was every single hermit there's assurance and no's. They were more interested in Grian's gorgeous parrot-like wings. There were quite a few questions and statements, like: "You should've told us you had so fluffy wings", "Were you born with wings?", "Did you get your wings from birth or did they come from a mysterious/ magical item?".

Xisuma could see Grian was getting a bit overwhelmed and took his questions for him. Grian was overly relieved and thankful that Xisuma had helped him. Xisuma gestured to Grian that he could go if he wanted too and when Grian got the memo, he equipped his Elytra for the actual last time he'll ever wear it and flew back to his base.

{°~°}

"Why didn't he use his wings? You may ask. Well, that's because Grian "just" got his wings. It would be very weird and suspicious that you can perfectly fly with wings you just got, right?"

{°~°}
{{°~°}}
{{{°~°}}}
{{°~°}}
{°~°}

The next day, Xisuma went to Grian's base to help him fly with his "brand-new" wings. Which kind of confused Grian. How could X help me fly if he doesn't have wings of his own?..

"I'd like you to try to flap your wings first. Like this, " Xisuma demonstrated to Grian, showing his stunning forest green and blue purple wings. It looked almost robotic.

"Oh wow... they're so.. beautiful.. I didn't know you even had wings" asked Grian, quite astonished.

"Yep I have wings too, I just hide them and don't really use them a lot. I think i'vd gotten a little rusty. Any way, could you try flapping your wings now?"

"Alright.." Grian replied trying to sound a little unsure and anxious.

Grian started to flap his wings as if it were second nature to him. Before it was even midday, Grian was already up and flying a few hundred blocks high.

"Oh wow! You're a natural! It's like you were born to have wings!" Xisuma exclaimed.

Grian grinned, even when he just got his wings, it only took him a day's hard work.

By the end of the day, Grian could fly as well as Xisuma.

For the next few weeks, the hermits obviously noticed that Grian started to avoid water. They all just shrugged it of as him not wanting to get his wings wet.

If only they knew... If only..
But they can't know.

.
..
...
..
.

{°~°}

"All of that's about to change... Unfortunately...Wish you the best Grian..."

{°~°}

Questions: