Chapter 12: Torture

Published: 27/1/23
°☆/|1887 words|\~☆°

OMFG I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING IN SO LONG PLEASE FORGIVE ME

⚠️⚠️TW: Torture. Please do not read it if uncomfortable with it.⚠️⚠️

Pov: Third person

When Grian entered the seemingly void room of infinity, he could faintly see the hermits from what looked like tinted black pane glass. ̇/ᔑ||⍊╎𝙹リ'ᓭ (Xayvion's) Floral magic cuffed his hands and surrounded his body, not allowing him to move anywhere else other than where the spell caster wanted him to go. He could sense all of the hermits eyes on him. Since he wasn't allowed to interact with them, all he did we mouth an "I'm sorry".

When the hermits made out what Grian had mouthed, they could barely breathe. All they could wonder was what they would do to him.

Their guts told them that it was going to be bad.

There was one thing that confused the hermits though, it was that Grian had purple wings instead of his parrot-like ones. He also had horns, a tail and a weird watery halo around his neck. He also had two eye colours now for his main eyes. Main? You may ask. Grian had at least ten or so many other eyes on his face.

Awfully similar to the Watchers.

"⍑ᒷꖎꖎ𝙹, ̇/ᒷꖎᑑ⚍ᔑ... ∴ᒷꖎᓵ𝙹ᒲᒷ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ᓭℸ ̣ ᔑ∷ℸ ̣ 𝙹⎓ ||𝙹⚍∷ !¡⚍リ╎ᓭ⍑ᒲᒷリℸ ̣." ("Hello, Xelqua... Welcome to the start of your punishment.") A Watcher who had been waiting to give him the punishment since his betrayal.

JoeHills quickly translated the words to the hermits, which they were slightly confusion on why the Watcher called Grian "Xelqua"

The turned Watcher took a deep breath, knowing what was coming.

"... ╎ℸ ̣ ╎ᓭ ᑑ⚍╎ℸ ̣ ᒷ リ╎ᓵᒷ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ᓭᒷᒷ ||𝙹⚍ ̇/ᔑ∷ᔑ..." ("... It is quite nice to see you Xara...") ̇/ᔑ||⍊╎𝙹リ (Xayion) muttered soft enough for someone not paying attention to miss but not for someone who had been focusing on him.

JoeHills hesitated a bit to think about what he thought he said before telling the hermits.

"Who's Xara and where are they?..." FalseSymmetry asked in wonder, no doubt that the other hermits thought the same.

"That might be the last of our concerns. Didn't one of those things say something about a punishment to Grian?" Mumbo queried in concern for the little gremlin (also a small God but they don't know that)

"Yeah, Mumbo's right. We know that the Watchers are capable of unspeakable things, who knows what they'll do with Grian" Xisuma agreed.

The hermits held their breath when Grian approached the unnamed Watcher who seemed like they wanted to hurt Grian in some sort of way.

Grian looked as if he were emotionless, the only emotion he showed was after going to the Watcher, he blankly stared towards the direction of the hermits and simply smiled. It would've sent chills of eerieness down the hermits spines however it was covered with concern instead.

"ᔑꖎ∷╎⊣⍑ℸ ̣ ̇/ᒷꖎᑑ⚍ᔑ, ᓭ╎ℸ ̣ ╎リ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ᓵ⍑ᔑ╎∷." ("Alright Xelqua, sit in the chair.") The Watcher then proceeded to show him the chair that looked like it had come out of nowhere.

Grian lowered his head so no one could see his face and sat down on the maximum purple chair.

" ̇/ᒷꖎᑑ⚍ᔑ ↸𝙹 ||𝙹⚍ リ𝙹∴ ᔑꖎꖎ𝙹∴ ᔑꖎꖎ ℸ ̣ ||!¡ᒷᓭ 𝙹⎓ ᒲᔑ⊣╎ᓵ ℸ ̣ ⍑∷𝙹∴リ ᔑℸ ̣ ||𝙹⚍?" ("Xelqua do you now allow all types of magic thrown at you?") The Watcher said in an imitating tone.