☾ Layla ☾

(Content warnings: none
One shot type: fluff)

(Word count: 335)

You were walking to your house, shared with your girlfriend, Layla, and you, and you're nearly there. Once your house was in your sights, you began to walk a little faster, wanting nothing more than to lay down with your girlfriend. Before you knew it, you were at the door of your house, keys in hand. You unlocked the door before opening it, the sweet smell of a candle not yet blown out invading your senses with pleasantness as you walk through the door. Your thoughts are slowly interrupted with the sound of someone writing something down in a rather rushed manner. You knew, of course, what it was. Your girlfriend, most likely rushing a report. You smile, shutting your front door.

You began to walk to your shared bedroom and saw Layla, of course, jotting something down on a piece of paper, looking barely awake.

"Layla?" You called out, walking into the room. "Mmm? Oh, I didn't hear you come in..." Layla muttered under her breath turning a little to look at you. "You have to go to sleep you know." You declare, walking a tad closer to her with a soft smile on your face. "I know I just, need a few more minutes...I'm almost done.." She sighed before yawning. "Please, let's go to sleep now? You can finish in the morning, and you'll be more clear, too." You insist. "I'll be finished quickly," She uttered and rubbed her eyes, before continuing to work. "You have to sleep.." You urged, concerned for your girlfriend's health. "No I don't...not right now.." The tired girl claimed. You sighed before approaching Layla and sitting down on the floor beside her chair, laying your head against your thigh. You can hear the small breath of air Layla let's out, before she continues.

~

You, eventually, got Layla to sleep, celebrating in your head as you lie beside her with a smile.

(This one's a bit short but that's okay 
Have an amazing day/night/morning/evening! <3)