The Trip

This part is dedicated to Alluring_Athena369, thanks so much for all of the help and advice you gave me for this part and the entire book.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tennessee's POV

"Yeah, we're just checking is with Paris now." I told my father through my phone that was on speaker. For the past month or so, me and Tegan had been portalling around the entire world, checking in with each Coven headquarters to make sure that everything was okay.

Our Coven-mates were checking in with everyone inside the US, but letting me and Tegan do the rest because we were the quickest. Everyone else still called Tegan to portal them from place to place, which I knew took a toll on my soulmate, but she hadn't brought it up, so I didn't mention it.

"Ok, son, we're done all of Texas, we're going to do Arizona tomorrow."  With all of the travelling through different time zones, I honestly didn't remember the last time me or Tegan slept longer than a thirty minute nap. I knew we should have more, but we just wanted this task done with so that we could go home and finally relax.

"Sounds good, Dad. Talk to you later." I hung up and pulled my phone away from my ear. I turned around to face Tegan. "They're done Texas, they're moving on to Arizona tomorrow." I told her.

She sighed and spun to look at the building in front of us - Coven headquarters in Paris. "Let's get this done with, shall we?"

I held her hand and led her towards the front door. "We shall."

Bettina's POV

I tiptoed down the hallway and stopped outside Emersyn's room. I had an idea that I needed to talk to her about. I gently knocked on the door, hoping that I didn't wake anyone up.

The door slowly creaked open and Emersyn poked her head out. "Bettina?" She asked groggily. "What's up?"

I grabbed her hand and pulled her towards my room down the hallway while saying, "We need to talk about something."

I brought Em to Tegan's 'She-shed', knowing that my best friend had some super comfy bean bag chairs for us to sit in. My room had also become a she-shed of sorts, given that I slept in Jackson's room, but I hadn't added any chairs or sofas yet.

Emersyn sat down and rubbed her eyes. "Alright, what did you need to talk to me about?"

"It's about Haven and Tegan."

Her eyes widened and she shot up out of her chair. "Are they okay? DId they get hurt? Oh no, what happened."

I smiled at her. "Nothing. They aren't hurt or anything. I just think that the two of them need a vacation." Em sat back down in her chair and I continued. "I mean, neither of them has had a break since you and Tegan first arrived in Tampa."

Emersyn nodded. "That's true, but how do we convince them to take a break?"

I grinned at her. "Well, if they find themselves temporarily removed from the group chat, then they won't know to help us."

She grinned right back at me. "And if we tell Tenn to bring Tegan somewhere, he might listen."

"Especially if it's the two of us telling him."

"We should bring Tim and Uncle Kessler in to help us convince them." Em suggested. "Tenn will probably listen more if all four of us tell him to take a break."

"Ok, we should do this now, we'll tell everyone in the morning. I'll go get Uncle Tim, you go get Kessler."

She nodded and left the room and I followed her, both of us heading down to the second floor where our uncles were sleeping.