Chapter 1

Alexis Rose was in her fifth year at Hogwarts. She sat in the corridors reading her favorite book for the third time. Just as she was getting to her favorite part the book was yanked from her hands.

"Reading? Really? She can't possibly be a Gryffindor." Alexis looked at the older Gryffindor boy.

"Can I have my book back?" The boy smirked and held the book above his head.

"Come and get it nerd." Alexis hated this. Why is it always her, why can't people just be nice?

"Just give it back."

"No. Not until you admit that you don't belong in Gryffindor."

"I don't belong in Gryffindor, now give it back."

"Mmm, no. You don't even belong at Hogwarts. I don't understand why they let mudbloods come to Hogwarts. Why don't you just leave? Nobody wants you here."

Alexis stared at the ground being reminded of her past.

Flashback

"Hey Alexis! Why don't you put the book down and come play?" A girl from Alexis' class called to her.

"No thanks." She said, going back to her book.

"Why do you only ever read?" The girl grabbed the book and Alexis got mad. She glared at the girl and the wind picked up.

"Give my book back." The wind became super strong and all of the kids had to hold onto something so that they wouldn't blow away. Alexis was the only one that the wind didn't touch.

"What's happening?" The girl sounded like she was going to cry. She dropped the book and the wind stopped as soon as Alexis grabbed it.

"You're a freak! Nobody wants you here, so why don't you just leave?"

End flashback

"Are you even listening to me, you filthy mudblood?"

"She's too busy crying!" One of his friends said causing the rest to laugh.

"Stop that! 30 points from each of you!" Everyone turned to the voice.

"Oh lighten up lupin. We're just playing. Right?" The boy turned back and looked at Alexis. She just continued to stare at the floor.

"Get out of here." The group all left.

Lupin walked over to Alexis and handed the book to her. "That's a great book. I enjoyed reading it."

Alexis grabbed the book and stood up.

"Hey are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Alexis mumbled.

"I don't think we've met. I'm Re-" Alexis cut him off.

"I know who you are. And of course we've never met. We run in completely different circles."

"I understand that your upset but-" he was interrupted again.

"How could you possibly understand? Your life is perfect." Lupin went silent as Alexis walked away.