Chapter 4

Alexis listened to the boys talking around the corner. 'Where could they be going tonight? Who cares?'

Alexis headed up to the astronomy tower being as careful as she could to avoid filch and his stupid cat. She loved watching the stars.

"Come on! Hurry before he transforms!" Alexis could hear voices in the distance.

"Do you have any idea how heavy he is?"

"Why didn't we leave sooner?"

"Because that one girl who thinks we're stupid was in the common room."

'Are they talking about me?' Alexis wondered as she glanced over the balcony of the astronomy tower. She could see four figures making their way to the giant whomping willow. One of the people down there was leaning on the others.

"Are they crazy? They'll never get past it." She muttered.

The figures did something to the tree and then it froze.

"What in the world?"

They went into a hole under the tree. After a while there was some kind of screaming sound in the distance and then a howl. Just as Alexis was about to head to bed she saw some animals come out of the hole followed by a werewolf.

"A werewolf? So one of the students I'm guessing and the other animals are also students. Probably illegal Animagus." Alexis might not have been brave but she was smart. If anything she belonged in Ravenclaw more than Gryffindor.

The next morning Alexis waited in the common room hoping to catch whoever was out last night. The portrait door swung open and four boys entered. Two of them were supporting the weight of the other.

"Why can't we go to Madam Pomfrey?" Sirius Black asked for probably the third time in 10 minutes.

"Because she's probably sleeping." Remus Lupin said, sounding in pain. Alexis had just noticed blood soaking his shirt at the same time that he noticed her.

"What are you doing awake?" Peter asked.

"That doesn't matter. Lay him on the couch. He shouldn't just be letting it bleed freely." Alexis ran upstairs and grabbed her first aid kit out of her trunk.

When she got downstairs he was laid out on the couch. She went over the him and pulled his shirt up so she could see his wound.

"What are you doing?" He asked nervously.

"Helping you, now hold still." She turned to the other boys and started telling them what to do. "I need a bowl of water and some rags." The boys stood there watching her in shock. "Now!" They jumped at her commanding voice and ran to get what they needed.

Alexis began pulling out things to disinfect and bandages.

"Madame Pomfrey can heal it up later but it needs to be properly cleaned. Honestly you boys are too much trouble. It was dangerous letting them go with you."

"There was no way he could stop us." James said as he set down the bowl of water.

"How did you know?" Remus asked.

"It wasn't hard to figure out. I saw you guys sneaking to the whomping willow and then a werewolf and some other animals came out. Animagus." Alexis wasn't used to talking this much and felt quite weird about it.

She grabbed a rag, got it wet and began cleaning the wound. Remus flinched when the rag mad contact.

"Sorry."

"It's fine."

The other three boys sat in silence as she gently washed Remus' cut. After she was done she grabbed the disinfectant.

"This might sting a little."

"Are these muggle medical supplies?" Sirius asked curiously.

Alexis nodded and gently rubbed some of the disinfectant on his wound. Remus hissed and bit his lip. After it was all properly disinfected she put some bandages on and was finished.

"It's not perfect but it should do until Madame Pomfrey can heal it."

"Thank you." Remus said, sitting up a little.

"No problem."

"How are you so good at this sort of thing?" James asked, a sound of concern in his voice. He knew of a boy who had to learn to take care of himself because his family didn't.

"I was always clumsy as a kid." Alexis didn't think she sounded convincing but James had nodded. He wouldn't pry.

"I'm sorry, to all of you. I shouldn't have judged." Alexis sucked at apologizing.

"You only saw what we wanted you to see. We wanted everyone to think we were perfect. Of course I am, but they aren't so much." Sirius said, smirking.

"Can I finally know your name?" Remus asked with a smile.

"Alexis Rose."

"That's a pretty name." Peter said, smiling.

"I told you there was nothing wrong with Peter." Alexis said and Remus nodded, closing his eyes.