Chapter 14

Remus walked to the castle thinking about what just happened. He loves Alexis but could he do that to her. So many doubts started to flood his mind. The more he thought about it the more doubts he had.

"Have the three of you seen Mrs. Rose?" Remus heard McGonnagalls voice.

"Nope."

"Nuh uh."

"No."

"Really? I see you guys are getting along again."

"Yup."

"Yeah."

"Uh huh."

"Where's Mr. Lupin?"

"Remus?"

"Haven't seen him."

"Eating cake."

"Right here, professor." Remus said, stepping around the corner.

"And have you seen Mrs. Rose?"

"Nope. I thought she had already left."

"Hypothetically how much trouble would you get in for running away?" Sirius asked.

"Hypothetically? That depends on if that person has a good reason."

"And hypothetically if it was a good reason and this person had people helping them would they get in trouble?"

"That also depends, mister Black. Hypothetically they would get in trouble unless nobody could prove that they had anything to do with it."

"I see well we best be going professor. The train leaves soon."

The boys ran off and eventually snuck out to the cave.

Alexis had been sitting there, her fear of rejection from Remus growing by the second.

"I'm gonna go to sleep right away. I'm super tired." Peter said as the four boys walked into the cave. He spread his bedding out and laid down.

"Sirius, can we talk?" James asked and the two went to the back of the cave leaving Alexis and Remus alone.

"Why don't we go for a walk? Nobody will be looking up here for us anyways." Remus said and Alexis nodded.

The two walked in silence for a while as they got farther from the cave.

"Listen about what happened..." Remus turned to Alexis and could see that she was worried.

"Yeah I know. It never should've happened." Her voice sounded so broken that it broke Remus.

"Alexis you don't understand."

"No it's fine Remus. I never should've kissed you. I knew you wouldn't feel the same but there was a part of me that still hopes." Remus hated seeing her like this. She looked so fragile.

"Alexis, please just let me explain."

"I don't want to hear all that crap about being just a friend. How you hope we can still be friends. It's not me it's you. All of its crap and-" Alexis was shut up by Remus' lips. He pulled away after a second. There's no way he can fight his feelings for her.

"I am the secret admirer."

"That doesn't make sense. You acted like it was stupid."

"You'd never guess that it was me that way. I've been trying to shove my feelings down because I would just make your life worse. I'm a werewolf."

"I don't care about that."

"I know. After you kissed me I realized just how in love I am with you. You're like a drug that I'm addicted to. Just the thought of being without you makes me go crazy. Every time I think I've gotten over you then you do something that draws me back in. I can't resist you any longer." Alexis was speechless.

Remus got close to her and pulled her against him. "Let's do this the right way. Alexis Rose, May I kiss you?" Alexis nodded and Remus slammed his lips into hers. She wrapped her arms around his neck and started playing with his hair. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pressed her body right against his.

"You are way too good at this." He said between kisses.

The two pulled away breathless. They leaned their foreheads together and smiled.

"We should probably head back." Alexis said with the biggest smile.

"Yeah I guess." They walked back to the cave hand in hand.

"There you are." Sirius then noticed their hands. "Yes!!!! Finally! Hah, told you Remus! I knew you had to confess."

"She sorta confessed first."

"Really?! I never woulda thought." James said.

***

Alexis snuggled close to Remus. "How long are we planning on hiding in this cave?" Alexis asked.

"Forever if that's what it takes." Remus said, kissing her head.

"That won't be necessary Mr. Lupin." They all jumped at the new voice.

McGonnagal walked in and smiled.

"Professor! What are you doing here?" James asked.

"I could ask you the same thing, Mr. Potter. I'm here to get Mrs. Rose."

"No." Remus said and positioned himself in front of her.

"Excuse me Mr. Lupin?"

"I said no."

"Yeah! You can't take her!" Peter added in.

"We won't let her go back to that woman." Sirius said.

"I'm not planning on her going back. That woman has left the country and left her daughter behind. She is to be put in foster homes until she is of age."

"Foster homes?" Alexis asked.

"Yes. There's no saying where it would be. Maybe another country just depends on the family. Your family will be chosen tonight."

"Another country." Remus muttered quietly.

McGonnagal led the five troublemakers up to the castle.

"I have to go real quick." James rushed off leaving the others confused.