Chapter 6

"Oh look we're here." James said as the train stopped.

The five of them walked off of the train and onto the platform.

Alexis spotted her parents looking annoyed.

"I have to go." Alexis was about to walk away when James grabbed her arm.

"Wait, you should meet my parents." They all went over to James' parents.

"Mum, dad this is Alexis. She's a really great friend of ours." James leaned over to them and whispered something in their ear making them laugh.

"What was that about?" Remus asked.

"Oh nothing Remus." James winked at him causing everyone to be even more confused.

"I have to go."

"Are you not staying with us?" Mrs. Potter asked.

"Oh no. My parents like for me to be home." Alexis gestured to her parents.

"Oh we should go talk to them." She said, dragging the kids over.

"There you are Olivia." Her dad said.

"Hi dad."

"Olivia?" Peter whispered.

Alexis was about ready to cry. Nobody could know about her life.

"Let's go." Alexis' mom started to walk away.

"Actually I was hoping Alexis could stay with us this Christmas." Said Mr. Potter, emphasizing her name.

"Unfortunately she needs to come home. You see we need the extra help for the holidays."

"Of course but-" Her mom cut Mr. Potter off.

"I already said no. I need her help." They walked off and Alexis reluctantly followed.

Remus fought the urge to grab her and never let her go around that family. Something was wrong with them.

***

As soon as they got home Alexis' parents started telling her what needed to be done. "Alright you need to get all of the dishes done. We didn't want to clean them while you were gone so we just kept buying more." Her mum said.

"The laundry needs done, I think it started going moldy." Her dad added.

"The bathrooms need to be scrubbed. I want you to have everything done by the time we get home."

"Where are you going?"

"None of your business. It'll only be a few hours."

Alexis began cleaning as fast as she could. There were thousands of dishes, the laundry piles were huge and the bathroom was a horrible mess. Alexis finally finished the dishes after an hour and moved on to the laundry.

Just as she was getting done with the last load of laundry she heard the front door open. She began panicking. She wasn't done yet.

"Oh you're here." Alexis turned to see Claire folding her arms.

"Yes."

Her sister smiled. "Mum, Dad, Alexis didn't clean the bathroom!" She called down the stairs.

"You haven't even seen the bathroom."

"Yeah, but there's no way you finished everything."

Her parents came stomping up the stairs. "How dare you be disobedient? Come here. You're going to be punished." Her father dragged her towards his bedroom.

"Please, Dad. I was just about to do it." He grabbed his belt and pulled her shirt up to see her back.

"This should teach you." He whipped her back and she screamed. "Be quiet. If you're too loud you will get even worse punishment." He whipped her again and she could feel blood running down her back. She suppressed a scream as tears ran down her face.

"You can clean it tomorrow. Go clean yourself up." Her dad shoved her out of the room and she stumbled down the hall.

Alexis struggled to clean her wound, because it was on her back. She did her best, but it was badly bandaged. Her whole Christmas break was like that. She wasn't good enough and she was punished for it. Nobody at school ever noticed her pain, because she didn't have any friends. Maybe now someone will. She was terrified that the Marauders would find out.