Chapter 13

The boys all opened their letters. As soon as they finished they couldn't believe what they just read. Sirius read his letter three times before he finally understood. He jumped up and ran to find the one person who could do anything.

"Remus!" He ignored him. "REMUS JOHN LUPIN!"

Remus looked up annoyed. He seems to have been crying.

"I don't have time for you to be mad. Read this." He shoved the paper at him.

"I already know. She wrote to all of us." Remus read it anyway and then he froze when he read it all. "What does she mean?"

"I think that she's going to-" Sirius didn't get the chance to finish because Remus took off running.

He made it to the astronomy tower to find Alexis on top of the railing.

"Alexis!" She looked back and met his eyes.

"How did you find me?"

"I've noticed how much you come up here. Are you crazy?" Tears were running down his face. "Don't do it."

"I'm sorry Remus. I can't live with them. I don't have anything left."

"You have us! The Marauders."

"The Marauders are over. Remember?"

"No please, I can't lose you. We can help you."

"I don't want to. I'm so scared to lose everyone. The Marauders all fell apart and I have to move. I can't live with her. I'm so tired of being hurt." Alexis was crying and Remus walked towards her. "I just don't have any reasons not to."

"Let me be your reason. I need you. We can help you. Just take my hand and let me catch you." He held his hand out to her. She hesitantly grabbed it. He helped her down and pulled her in for a hug. She cried into his chest. He held her close and cried with her.

"Don't ever do something like that again. I have never been more terrified. I can't lose you." Remus hugged her tighter.

"Hate to break this up, but we have to get her out of here." James said from the doorway.

"McGonagall is looking for her." Sirius added.

Remus straightened himself up and wiped his tears away. "Okay, there's only one way of keeping her out of her family's reach. We have to run away."

"I'll keep a lookout on the map." Peter said.

"I know somewhere that we can go. There's a cave not too far from hogsmeade."

"Okay, it's winter so we should pack what we need. Money, blankets, stuff like that." Remus said.

"Wait what's happening? You guys are gonna run away with me?"

"Of course. Once a Marauder..." James started.

"Always a Marauder." Sirius finished. The two smiled at each other and silently agreed to talk later.

After they had all gathered what they needed, Remus took Alexis under the invisibility cloak to the cave.

"I'll be back. I'm going to get the others." Remus headed to leave.

"Remus, wait!"

He turned around and she crashed her lips to his. His lips instantly reacted to hers. His brain was cloudy and all he could think about was how much he wanted her. After a while they both pulled back for air. Alexis went to kiss him again but he pulled back.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have. I just-" he cut her off.

"No stop. I have to go but we'll talk about this when I get back." He kissed her forehead and left.

Alexis watched him leave with confused thoughts.