Chapter 11

Alexis laid in her room reading as an owl landed on the windowsill and pecked at the window. She grabbed the letter and began reading.

'Alexis,

Today I got to see you smile. My whole day brightens at the sight of your smile.

Yours forever, secret Admirer'

Alexis stared at the letter in shock. Who could possibly like her?

The next day Alexis sat with the Marauders eating breakfast. An owl flew in and landed next to her.

"Isn't it early for mail?" She asked as she grabbed the letter.

'From the moment I met you I knew I never wanted to be away from you.

Love, secret admirer'

Alexis didn't mind the letters, they made her feel better. She could also try to make Remus jealous.

"Who's that from?" Sirius asked.

"A secret admirer. Here." She handed the letter to Sirius which he read and passed it along. Remus was the last to read it and he frowned deeply.

"That's cheesy." His voice was dripping with jealousy which only the boys noticed.

"I think it's sweet."

"You don't even know this person."

"I'd say your jealous moony." Sirius teased.

"Am not!"

"Leave him alone Sirius." Alexis said, defending him.

"It's just weird. Why does he care about what the secret admirer says?"

"I don't"

"See he doesn't." Alexis said sadly.

***

Alexis had kept getting letters from the secret admirer and made sure to always open them in front of Remus. She would smile and sigh lovingly. He would just roll his eyes and ignored her attempts to make him jealous.

Alexis had finally become an Animagus. She was a bunny. They nicknamed her bunny, creative huh.

"Hey isn't it the full moon tonight?" Alexis asked and Remus finally acknowledged that she was talking. "Oh so you'll listen when it's about the moon but not about secret admirers."

"I don't care about secret admirers."

"You don't care about anything to do with me." Alexis mumbled under her breath.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing. I'm gonna go up to the astronomy tower. See you tomorrow." Remus could hear sadness in her voice.

"Alexis..."

"Yeah?"

"Never mind. It doesn't matter."

"Okay." Alexis walked out of the common room and up to the astronomy tower.

She couldn't believe that once she had wanted to jump. There was still a part of her that screamed to be free but it was over powered. She thought about the Marauders and how much they meant to her. As long as the Marauders were together she would be fine.