Prologue : Hate Letter

To my Dearly Detested.

How do I loathe thee?

Let me count the ways?

They said you wanted me as your significant other. You are nothing to me but a significant BOTHER.

Tigilan mo ako. Move it. Find someone else to fall for. I am nothing but a shrew. THE SHREW.

Haven't you heard about me? Feared. Ridiculed. Hated. What else have you heard? It's all true.

Anong kailangan mo saakin?

Pero bakit ganito? Why do I re-read our messages, even the scathing ones, the times when we fought. Why am I at loss? What are these thoughts?

Why do I suddenly keep playing the bass again, thinking of you as I pick on the strings?Why do your memories keep molding with the melody?

That's shallow. I am not shallow, alam mo yun.

Alam mo ba?

I hate your stupid laughter, the way your nose scrunches when I tell a sarcastic joke.

The way you laugh so loudly, it annoys me, you cackle like a hyena and it embarrasses me.

I think of your smile, it irks me.

The way you smile, your whole smug face smiles, like sudden sunshine crawling to your dark eyes.

Life has thrown us both curveballs. There's nothing to smile about.

It's often reckless. The way my heart moves every time you smile so carelessly, I hate it. 

Isa pa!  I hate your kisses.  I just used it as my temporary distraction.  A drug that would keep me away from my world.  Don't for one second think it was anything else.

I hate how you held me at night.  It was too warm.   Too close.  Too much. 

Your skin on mine? 

I want nothing to do with it.

I hate your eyes when you try to read mine.  Dark and presumptuous.  You know nothing about me.

I still hate it.

Bakit ka pa pumasok sa buhay ko? Haven't you heard about me? I am not built for this.

Yet why am I here... writing this ... for my stupid assignment. I hate you. No, I despise you. Do not be kind to me, no one should be kind to a shrew.

This is my hate letter to you, my rightful warning to you.

Stay away.

Have you not heard about me? Bakit mo pa tinuloy?

Bakit ganito na nararamdaman ko?

I hate it, I hate you.

------------

The Mac screen flickers through the dark room, the cursor highlights every word.

DELETE.

The computer shuts off.

--------

MAIN CAST: