Payday or Payback?

It was late afternoon and people were already plastering posters of the upcoming Padua University Fair.

But that day felt more formal than usual.

The Odegard Library in Padua University served mostly as two things.

   A library where students hung out--- barely studying that is, and also a little room for special guests.

The special guest that day was Senator Joey Ranile, a PU alum, who was now popular politician.    Also known for his corruption tactics and pushing for police brutality.

He was there to talk about his book, "My Way".

 Regina Vanguardia tweeted in her Valentina account and ranted

Regina Vanguardia tweeted in her Valentina account and ranted.  The politician was vile.   

Regina would never back down fighting for what was right.  She was fervent.  Her father always brought her up to question everything, fight the power, and harness her own power.  

It was her responsibility to society.  This was why she started Valentina and led the Student "Fight the Power" Group.

That was how Regina lived.  Nothing was going to be useless in her life.

She sat on her old Dodge, while she contemplated.  She exhaled, smoking the last remnants of her burnt vape. 

She flicked her highlighted hair and she looked at her rear view mirror.   She grabbed her Mac lipstick. 

The color of blood-red was smeared all over her plump lips.

She watched the library entrance from afar, her eyes on laser focus.  She turned the volume all the way up, her car stereos echoing through the parking lot.

Firestarter by the Prodigy was serving as her grand entrance.

Perfect.  It is showtime.

And she smiled so widely.

-------------

Narda was shivering in her black hoodie.  The air-conditioning was always too harsh in the Odegard. 

She had been cramming all day.

There were stacks of medical textbooks, practice quizzes for BioChem, and scholarship forms sprawled on the wooden desk.   Two Red Bull cans were next to her and in front of her was her old Dell Laptop that sounded like a helicopter.

She felt roaming eyes on her as her laptop made more roaring noises.

"Akala ko may makina dito," someone laughed.

She sighed in exasperation, writing in more answers into her practice quiz.

"And Lebron shoots!" Ding ran from meters away, throwing a wrapped hotdog bun onto her face.