Time is No Healer

That day, Narda finally embraced her grief.

This time Narda had time to mourn as she let the rain finally mix in with her tears. A sob escaped her lips as Regina rejected her again.

If one wants the truth?  This broke her more than their first confrontation. There was something that was more painful and poignant about this realization.

Regina loved her but she refused to continue on.

Because for Regina reality took over, love could not change that.

Narda held on to the silver necklace that symbolized their colliding worlds. Her fingers playing with the snake and the falling star. When she blinked back tears, she felt that it was movie images in her mind flashing right before her.

She could only hold onto what her mind could tell her. Memories were the only thing she had now. Soon, she remembered it all as her heart ached.  Now she realized, she could only look back.

From the nightmare at Ziggy's diner to how they kissed so passionately.  Moments and flashes she felt she could hold on to.  She remembered all the the things she felt.

The way she felt so loved by Regina.

And lastly was how she shattered Regina.

They had come such a long way, only for this.

This was her consequence of the deal to woo the shrew.  She ended up losing Regina Vanguardia, she ended up having her most harrowing heart break. Her biggest and most desperate 'what if'.

Narda knew when her consequences were due.

She could only accept her defeat.

Her tears kept falling.

-------------

In the coming weeks, the term had ended. 

That was probably going to be her last class with Regina Vanguardia.  That stupid St. Anthony's Immersion class were she met the shrewish, Regina ---- her most menacing enemy and her greatest love.

Narda played a slow version of Regina's favorite song. The piano chords resounded in her room, she felt it was almost like a farewell song to her muse. Her regretful love story.

When Narda was alone in her dorm room, she lifted a huge wooden box and placed it on her desk, slowly she started placing all the items that reminded her of Regina in it. Polaroids were stacked in a corner, her fingers slowly taking down each photo.

Her over-sized St. Vincent T-shirt. The lip gloss they shared. Even that one pillow that still smelled so much of citrus and vanilla. The costume Narda wore for their Scooby Doo theme.

When her hand got to the gifted stethoscope, she had to give it a pause as she exhaled loudly.   She caressed it lovingly unable to put it in the hollow places of that box.

She wanted to start anew, bury her heartbreak as mere mementos she should say goodbye to.

She tried tugging the necklace out but she failed to.

Narda learned that grief came in waves.

And today, she had to drown in it.

She played her recording, the one Regina did not bother listening to.

It started with those words ...

Kamahalan... I wish to tell you the truth... na oo, nagsimula ito na kasinungalingan pero totoo na lahat ng ito... mahal na mahal na kita.