Chapter 2 - Scholarship

Chapter II

               "Hey, Emilia!" Bodie called out as he entered the boxing gym with his gym bag slung on his right shoulder.

Emilia gave the black punching bag a strong punch before stopping its swinging and turning to her dance partner, a smile om her face as part of her greeting.

"Hey, B!"

Bodie tossed his gym bag on the bench and beside Emilia's grey one before approaching the said female with a letter in hand.

"Hope you don't mind that I got here earlier than we planned." Emilia said in a slightly sheepish way. "I wanted to text you, but my phone I forgot to charge my phone."

"No, don't worry. It's fine." Bodie reassured with a small dismissive yet friendly wave. "But anyways, I found this at your doorstep when I came to pick you up."

"What's that you holding there, B?"

"I think it looks important." He said as he handed the letter he found at Emilia's doorstep. Emilia accepted the letter and ripped the envelope open, pulling out the letter inside.

She started reading it in her mind, so Bodie went around and placed his chin over her right shoulder to read the letter as well. After the athletic she-dancer finished reading it, she instantly figured it out.

"This is a scholar...-!"

Emilia stopped herself when she spun her head to her right, only to find her face an inch away from Bodie's. Their faces are so close that their noses are almost touching.

Bodie caught the scent of peppermint and he immediately knew it was Emilia's breath. Although, it wasn't only Bodie who caught the scent of a cool and fresh breath.

The sporty female dancer caught the scent of his fresh breath, which has the same smell of mint, close to peppermint, right?

"It's a scholarship." Emilia finished, inching two steps away from the blond. Bodie cleared his throat and nodded.

"That's great!" He cheered, changing the subject. It worked though. Emilia's mood changed into a bright one.

"Yeah!"

"Where's the school anyways?" Bodie asked with a bright expression.

Emilia looked back to the letter with huge smile to find out the location, but her smile then faltered.

"Well?"

She let the hand holding the letter fall to her side as her expression turned into depressed.

"It's at Los Angeles."

"Oh..."

The depressing aura the two usually upbeat dancers emitted were really obvious. Some of the men training around them even took a moment to look at them before returning to their activities.

"You know what!"

Emilia's head snapped up as soon as Bodie's energetic voice and self returned. "You should go, Emilia!"

"What? But it's at Los Angeles!" Emilia reasoned. "Riptide won't be Riptide if we're not together!"

Bodie surprisingly blushed when he realized that Emilia's reason has a double meaning. Fortunately for him, Emilia didn't notice this.

"Oh, come on, Emilia! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!"

"But, B..."

"You're right. Riptide won't be Riptide if you're not here, but think of it as some sort of special training!" He encouraged with a grin.