Chapter 5 - Who's Brody?

Chapter V

               "Emilia! Look out!" Aubrey yelled out as Emilia spun around to perform her helicopter trick.

When she was about to finish her spin, she collided onto someone. Emilia and the stranger fell down the ground with a thud.

Emilia didn't feel much pain since the stranger caught her before they crashed down the ground.

"Oww..." The stranger, who turns out to be a guy, groaned out as he rubbed his slightly sore right arm, which he used to catch Emilia before they fell. Aubrey, Dare and Taye audited the two for a moment, too surprised to move from their place.

"Sorry..." Emilia murmured while the guy helped her sit up while he did the same.

"Hey, you alright?" The guy asked, brushing Emilia's hair off of her face.

"I'm fine, I...-!" Emilia cut herself off as she looked at the guy. "Whoa." She blurted out as he took in the guy's appearance.

He has the same blond hair as Bodie, almost has the same hairstyle as Bodie and has the same body build as Bodie. The only real noticeable difference between Bodie and the stranger are the eyes.

Instead of having blue eyes like her crew friend, the guy has green eyes. If the guy actually possess blue eyes, Emilia would have mistaken him as Bodie himself.

"What does that suppose to mean?" The unnamed guy asked with a chuckle, grinning in a carefree way like Bodie would have grinned.

"Umm, it's actually nothing!" Emilia instantly said, surprisingly blushing as she got off the ground along with the blond stranger.

"I'm Brody." He introduced with a smile, holding a hand out to Emilia.

"His name just had to be close to Bodie's." Emilia thought, internally sighing.

"Hey, I'm Emilia!" Emilia introduced with her usual winsome attitude, her blush fading as she got back in her everyday boyish character.

"Nice name." He complimented, which in turn made Emilia blush again.

"Hey, dude, I'm sorry about that. I wasn't really looking at where I was going." Emilia apologized sheepishly as she picked up her Riptide skateboard off the dirt.

"No probs. It was just an accident, no biggie."

"He even talks and sound like Bodie. Maybe it's Bodie in disguise." Emilia thought as she covertly audited his appearance.

"No, seriously, dude. You like, caught me that's why I didn't even get a scratch."

"Like I said, it's not a big deal." Brody reassured with a chuckle.

"Can I do anything to pay you back or something?" Emilia asked. "I mean, I really owe you one, you know."

"Emilia, it's fine."

"Come on! Don't be so shy! I'll do anything." She said with a smile.

"Anything?" Brody asked with a teasing smirk. When Emilia caught on with his tease, she blushed once again. "Uh, yeah, sure..." She replied, trailing off.

"Alright, how about going out on a date with me this Saturday?"

That caught Emilia off-guard. Her eyes widened while her mouth became agape.

"Me? On a date? With you?" Emilia asked back, almost stuttering in the process.

Brody nodded, a grin plastered on his face. "Yeah."

Before Emilia could reply, Aubrey suddenly jumped in and slapped a hand on Emilia's lips before turning to Brody with a sweet convincing smile.

"Emilia would love to. You can pick her up in 2 o'clock at the sorority house over there." Aubrey replied, nodding at their sorority house over her shoulder. Brody's expression brightened at the answer. "Okay then, I'll see you in Saturday, Emilia."