Chapter 9 - I'm Here For You

               Even though all Emilia could see is black, her head had this really brain-melting headache. It felt like her head was about to explode.

She had this insane desire to just take her head off her own neck and throw it somewhere she doesn't care. That's how much the headache hurts right now.

"Ugh..." Emilia let out a groan of pain, catching the attention of the four people in her hospital room.

Emilia ended up in a hospital due to a negative reaction to a drug that had been secretly given to her, which reacted in the process of her being taken back to their sorority house by Bodie himself.

"Emilia?" A deep male voice called out from what sounded like it came from her left side.

After letting out another groan of pain, she reluctantly opened her eyes, only to come face to face with a green eyed man.

"Dad?" She groggily asked, squinting her eyes for a much inquisitive look.

"Yeah, it's me, Buttercup." His father said, smiling as he gave her brown hair a fatherly stroke. "You okay?"

"Yeah, Dad," Emilia murmured, slowly sitting up from her hospital bed. The headache seemed to have subsided for the moment. "Never been better."

A scoff was heard.

Emilia turned to her right and found her half-sister, Erika, sitting on the brown leather couch, her legs crossed and a grumpy expression on her face.

"Hello to you too, Erika." Emilia greeted half-mockingly and half-sarcastically. "It's nice to see you're happy that I'm alive."

Erika rolled her eyes at her half-sister's tone of mock and sarcasm. She saw and classified this a childish attitude and behaviour.

"Whatever, Renee." Erika muttered, continuing her task on filing her nails. Turning her stare away from the grouchy relative of hers, she found her half-brother, Erik, leaning on the white wall nearby Erika's side of the couch.

Erik had large black and yellow headphones perched on the sides of his head and on his ears, music blasting through the wire connected to his IPod.

"Hey, Erik." Emilia waved a hand at his direction and he merely stared at her for a moment, rolling his eyes afterwards and pulling out his portable video game gadget from his pocket, playing the said technology.

"Nice talk." Emilia murmured, running a hand through her brown hair.

"Darling," Renata Sanchez, Erika and Erik's biological mother and Emilio Sanchez's wife, called out. "Why don't you check with the doctor? Ask him if Emilia sweetie here is taken care of properly."

Emilio nodded before he excused himself from the room, leaving his one and only child outside the family alone with the three legal family members.

"Sweetie?" Emilia, once again, sarcastically asked, raising an eyebrow at her step-mother as she laid back on the now tilted hospital bed. "What little nickname can you think of for me next?"

Renata glared at Emilia, a look of irritation in her eyes.

"If only that drug had rid you of your voice, then I wouldn't be hearing its annoying sound."

Emilia scoffed in a mocking manner.

"Yeah, sure, whatever."

"Don't you have any manners?" Erika questioned her half-sister with an irked tone.

Emilia scoffed. "Stop acting so prim and proper, Erika. You talk as if you have manners."

"Oh, I DO have manners, Renee. The questions is, do you?"