Partners

I placed my body in front of Carl. "Look... I don't want trouble." I said, stepping forward. I saw Carl put his hand on his gun from the corner of my eye.

"Oh no, you are asking for trouble." Jamey said, looking passed me at Carl. "Grab both kids and lets get out of here." I opened my mouth to scream, but Zero placed a clammy, unclean hand over my mouth. He spun me around and shoved the gun against my head.

"You yell, she dies." He said directly at Carl. He didn't move or make a sound, and Adam got to him short after.

I tried to wriggle around and get free, but Zero's grip was too strong. I could already see the bruises I would get and the beating for running away.

Zero pinched a vein in my neck and I quickly passed out.

****

I woke up in the trunk of a car, Carl laying next to me, unconscious.

I didn't know what time it was, but I hope the group realized we were missing by now.

I shook him vigorously as I tried to wake him. "Up! Come on Carl!" I said, shaking him harder.

Eventually, he woke up and looked at me, shocked. "Where are we?" He asked.

"I'm not sure. I think a car trunk." I said.

A bump in the road sent us scrabbling around the confined space. I sat up slowly, having hit my head on the floor.

"Where are we going?" Carl asked.

I stared at him, or the three of him I now saw, and said "I'm not sure."

Another bump sent us soaring into each other, our lips touching accidentally. A spark shot through me. He was the first to withdraw, leaving me wanting more.

He stared at me, green eyes glowing in bewilderment. I stared at the floor, color rushing to my cheeks.

Somehow though, I could feel that he was still staring at me.

The taste of him lingered on my lips. I looked up at him, hoping he'd break the silence. "Well, you should at least buy me dinner first." He said, laughing. I giggled too.

All of a sudden, the the trunk flooded with light. It looked like mid afternoon when Jamey opened the trunk. "Welcome to hell." He muttered through clenched teeth.