Date Night

Everything was good for about a week. Carl was mostly over Lori's death and the baby, Judith, was doing fine.

Late one evening, i was sitting in my cell. Carl walked in and said "Follow me." He took my hand and lead out of the cell. I hadn't eaten dinner yet I was starving.

A huge smile came across my face as we entered the main room. A table and two chairs had been set up, plates of food in front of both spots. Candles were in the middle of the table. Carol stood with a big smile on her face in the corner of the room, the baby in her arms.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?" Carl asked. I shook my head in agreement, still too shocked to speak.

He pulled my chair out for me and I sat down.

"How did you do this?" I asked still in awe.

He smiled "I pulled some strings with my dad and Carol cooked. Daryl doesn't know though... I think that's best."

I giggled, thinking of Daryl's reaction.

Carol left when the baby started to cry. It was nice to be able to talk to Carl so freely without being afraid of Daryl popping in on us. Ever since he saw Carl with his arm around me the day Judith was born, he's been keeping a special eye on Carl. Daryl was out hunting, so I felt confident we would stay undisturbed.

I can't help but think of him like a father figure.

After we ate, Carl stood up and offered me his hand. "Would you like to dance?" He asked.

"There's no music." I said, confused.

He took a small remote out of his pocket and turned on a stereo in the corner. "Don't we?"

He pulled me to my feet and rested his hands on my hips. I clasped my hand around the back of his neck.

"You did all this for me?" I asked.

He smiled. "Only the best for you."

We swayed tenderly to the music, never taking our eyes off of each other. His green eyes sparkled in the candle light, I couldn't look away, even if I wanted to.

Carl's grip tightened on my hips as he pulled me closer to himself. I rested my head on his shoulder as we still danced.

"Look at me." Carl whispered in my ear. I pulled my head back up to face him.

I then realized how much he'd really grown. He towered at last a head over me, and I felt so small compared to him.

He leaned down slowly, my head tilting up to meet his lips.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GONG ON HERE?!" Daryl said as he came through the door of the prison.