Get Away

I pulled back to catch my breath, Carl doing the same. He nestled his head into the crook of my neck and kissed my jaw line gently. I exhaled and tried to catch my breath.

Carl wrapped his one arm around my back and the other just under my knees, picking me up bridal style.

I took his sherifs hat off his head and place it on my head. "Isn't this mine now?" I asked as he peered down at me.

He smiled and started walking down the board walk, me still in his arms. "Ok ok put me down." I said, hitting him lightly.

"No." Carl said. "You're mine. I'll do what I want with you." The smirk I love so much crossed his face.

"Oh really?" I teased.

He continued to carry me. He stopped by the bar and told Daryl we'd be at the hotel. "Ok!" He said. "Be sure to use a condom!" His words were slurred as he spoke. He took a small plastic package out of his wallet and placed it in Carl's shirt pocket.

I laughed at the look on Carl's face after he turned us around. "That gives me some ideas." He whispered, a hint of teasing in his voice.

He kicked the door to the hotel room in and laid me down on the bed. He laid down next to me and whispered in my ear "I want you."

I flipped over on top of him, straddling his waist, and whispered "I want you too."

Daryl came back hours later, reeking of alcohol. He stumbled across the floor, a bottle still in his hand. It was night outside now, the lights in the hotel barely worked, so little light was available.

Daryl moved noisily into bed and I rejoined Carl in ours, his arms retaking their place around me.

"I say we hit the beach tomorrow." Daryl said. "I want to see if I can shoot some fish with my bow."

We all laughed slightly, and then fell asleep. For the first time since the apocalypse started, I wasn't afraid to sleep.