Why?

I handed the baby to Carol and ran to our cell.

"YOU GOT SHOT?!" I couldn't help but yell. How could he not tell me?

Carl shrugged "Oh, ya. No big deal."

"No big deal?!" I said. "For Pete's shake you got shot!"

"Look, that was a while ago. I'm fine now." He said and kissed my forehead.

We sat in silence for a when, just holding each other.

"For the record," I started, "You're nothing like Shane. Your dad told me about him... He sounds awful."

Carl looked at me, confused and angry. "He was my role model! He wasn't afraid to say what was on his mind, he didn't let anyone push him around, he helped save my life. He was like a super hero!"

"A super hero who tried to kill your dad!" I said.

"What?!" Carl said, bewildered.

I put a hand over my mouth. I'd said too much. I guess Rick had decided to spare Carl if that detail. "Nothing. Never mind." I pushed my lips into Carl's, but he shoved me back.

"What are you talking about?!" He screamed at me. "Tell me!"

He gripped my arms and applied a steady pressure.

The look in his eyes was pure anger. I swear his green eyes almost looked red.

"Stop it! You're hurting me!" I said as I stood up.

He removed his hands to find bruises where his fingers had been.

His mouth dropped in shock. "Oh my god. I am so-"

"Get away from me!" I yelled and ran back toward the main room, tears spilling out of my eyes.