Fifteen (15) - The Right Time

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,590 words}

"Oh, It's already sunset..."

Y/n is in awe while staring at the beautiful sunset from afar. The skies are orange as it's about to be night.

Her eyes squinted when the wind blew, making her h/c-hair to dance along with the breeze, and her hair fanned over her face. She ran a hand through her hair as she roamed her eyes around. Y/n found herself sitting in the center a field, and under a tree.

The h/c-haired lady was taken quite aback upon seeing a familiar figure of a guy from afar, approaching her.

She felt her cheeks became warm as her tears escaped her eyes. "Payne..."

Payne smiled at her as he waved.

The blond-guy stopped right in front of her, then sat down. He cupped her cheeks, gently wiping her tears with his thumb. "You shouldn't here, Y/n."

Y/n felt comfort in Payne's warmth touch, his hands are rough yet they still feel gentle while they're cupping her cheeks. "This place...is only for people like me." The blond-guy stared at her straight in the eyes. "And you should not come here yet. You have a long life ahead of you, keep living it."

The h/c-haired lady held Payne's wrists, she closed her eyes, letting more of her tears to leave her eyes.

"Why...am I still seeing you, Payne?"

Payne smiled softly, he pulled Y/n close to him, the blond-guy leaned
Y/n's head onto his chest, placing a hand on the back of her head as he started to softly caressed her head.

"I hate to break it to you, Y/n..."

Y/n kept her eyes closed, seeking comfort from Payne, she loves his presence, even if this is only a dream, or if this is her soul in the afterlife.

"...but I'm the darkness living inside you. You were able to do those things because I remained in you. Sadly, I am nothing but darkness to you. The monster I was, was left behind and transferred to you. My darkness had taken refuge in you," Payne smiled, though it was filled with bitterness.

The blond-guy wrapped his arms around Y/n, holding her close to him.

"And you gave me your light, that's why even when I hadn't left yet, I am happy. I am in peace, because I have your light." Y/n buried her face on Payne's chest while silently crying.

Payne and Y/n...

There's no denying that they were suitable for one another, yet they weren't mean to be with each other.

Because Payne is the darkness that gave cruelty in Y/n's life, and Y/n is the light that Payne needed for himself, but in the end, it will be Y/n's doom.

In simple words...

Their connection is forbidden.

There's love, but it can't fluorish.

Light and darkness may collide, but only once, and in the end, whoever will reign...will be the one to remain.

Payne and Y/n may collide only once, and in the end, one of them will reign and will be the only who can stay.

If Payne survived, it'll be Y/n to die.

But if Y/n died, Payne is to survive.

What they have is a tragic fate.

"Y/n..."

"Hm?"

Payne closed his eyes, he leaned his head on top of Y/n's head, his embrace on her tightened. "We have to let go of each other. I have to go, and you have to continue on with your life without my darkness. I'm giving it back...your light." Y/n gripped onto Payne's shirt.