Nineteen (19) - Mr. and Mrs. Kirstein

{Long Chapter Ahead - 4,360 words}

Year 857

"Mama!! Mama!!"

Y/n let out a small groan, feeling someone gently shaking her and hearing a little girl voice calling her.

She slowly opened her eyes, only for her to smile as soon as she met the gaze of her three-year-old daughter.

"It's my birthday!"

The h/c-haired lady chuckled.

She sat up, picking up her daughter.

"Is it my baby Jane's birthday?!"

Jane giggled as she nodded her head.

"Yes! I'm 3 now!"

Y/n began to shower her daughter with kisses and even embraced her tightly, making the baby girl to giggle even more from her affections.

"Happy birthday, my princess!"

Jane grinned widely, she clapped her small hands. "Twenk you!" The baby girl said, she can't pronounce words properly yet as she's still very young.

Y/n let out a small chuckle.

She got out of her bed, carrying Jane in her arms. The h/c-haired lady then made her way out of their bedroom.

"Sit here for a while, mama will just wash her face and brush her teeth."

Jane nodded as her mother sat her on a chair at the side. Now they're inside the bathroom. The baby girl watched her mother. She behaves in her seat.

Y/n finished washing her face and brushing her teeth, she tied her hair in a lazy ponytail then turned to face Jane. "And now, it's my baby's turn!"

The h/c-haired lady picked up Jean, she sat her down beside the sink.

Her daughter giggled as she began to wipe her small face with warm water.

"Mama, you're so bootiful!"

Y/n chuckled because of how Jane mispronounced the word "beautiful."

"You're beautiful, too, princess."

The h/c-haired lady smiled as she stared at her daughter. Her brows creased, seeing Jane's resemblance with whom she had gotten pregnant to. "But you said I look like papa..."

Jane puckered her lips.

"Is papa bootiful?" The baby girl innocently asked, making Y/n to let out a small laugh. "Is papa a girl?!"

Y/n shook her head, still chuckling.

"No...he's a man, baby. But it's true that you resemble him. You both have the same eyes, eyebrows, nose, lips and hair color." Jane curiously stared at her mother, she never saw her dad before. Nor does she know his name.

The baby girl began to wonder how her father looks, and what's his name. "What is papa's name, mama?"

Y/n suddenly paused for a moment.

She stared at her daughter, her lips slowly turned up into a small smile.

"Jean Kirstein."

--

Three years have passed since the day known as "Battle of Heaven and Earth." Those who have survived after an unfathomable number of lives were taken still seem to be tormented by their unhealing scars. As the world suffers through this loss, their fears have come true. The nation of Eldia has formed a so-called army controlled by the Yeagerists and now focus their efforts on building their military. Fearful of retaliation from what is left of humanity on the other side of the sea...the island yells out as one.