Sixteen (16) - Duty

{Long Chapter Ahead - 4,018 words}

"It's quiet. The people of Odiha must have already fled to the South. All their ships have set sail, too." Hange spoke, her eye roamed around the quiet and dark city of Odiha. "Alright, then...I'd like to ask the Azumabito."

The brunette commander looked at Miss Kiyomi who's beside her.

"Please, before the rumbling crosses those mountains..."

Miss Kiyomi nodded her head.

"Yes...we will have the flying boat in the sky no matter what it takes."

The old lady then stared at Hange with an obvious look of pleading.

"So please...find a way. Save our motherland Hizuru."

--

Reiner, Jean, Armin, Connie, Onyankopon and the Azumabito crew helped one another in pulling off the flying boat from the sea.

The flying boat was placed inside a servicing room.

"Hurry up!!" Jean said.

"All these stupid explosives are in the way!!" Connie said.

They're trying to remove the large cloth covering the flying boat, but the explosives wrapped around the flying boat are getting on the way.

"Let's just cut 'em off." Reiner said.

"...Wait." Reiner, Jean and Connie looked back at Armin who spoke.

The blond-guy stared at the three.

"We might be able to use them for something...let's pack them in the flying boat."

The three men were taken aback, realizing what Armin is planning.

"Oh...you want to use them...on Eren?" Reiner asked.

Armin looked down. "I'm...not sure."

--

Y/n passed by the hall, she stopped on her track upon getting near the room where Gabi, Falco and Pieck are staying. Her brows furrowed, hearing the boy screaming and crying.

"NHAAAAGH!! NOOO! All of them are dead already...?! Commander Magath...even Liberio...?! My entire family...?!"

Y/n leaned back on the wall, folding her arms over her chest. "...The rumbling has already engulfed the major city of the continent of Marley."

"Then...what do we do...? What are we supposed to do now...?! It's just us?!"

"I'm sorry...I don't know..."

The h/c-haired lady let out a small sigh, she stood straight as she makes her way out. So...a lot of damage has been done...Y/n got out of their ship, she went down to go to the port.

Her brows shot-up, seeing Annie seated on the edge of a rampant, all quiet while staring at the dark sea.

"You're still not usee to the new vertical maneuvering equipment, are you?" Y/n spoke. Annie looked at her, she kept a cold stare. "Go fly around somewhere with Reiner and get some practice." The h/c-hairee lady was about to leave, but then Annie spoke.

"...Why?"

Y/n's brows furrowed as she looked back at Annie. "You guys...should do whatever you can do for now...So."

Annie stared at Y/n with a confused look. "You're not joining?"

The h/c-haired lady went silent, and that gave Annie the answer. The blond-lady sighed as she looked down. "...I told them I was done."