079

"Akala ko ba mahihigitan mo na si Jun, Ady?"

I stopped walking when I heard the voice of Lay's father, the Governor. It's not my intention to hear their conversation, but I feel like I need to.

"I am doing anything, Daddy. Pero, Jun is still on top. Hindi ko siya mahigitan. You know that he's smarter than me." Addyson replied using her soft voice.

I pursed my lips and hide. Gusto ko marinig ang sasabihin ng Daddy n'ya.

"Ady, I told you to give me rank 1, not rank 2. Magmula elementary, puro ka rank 2. I thought you were going to give me rank 1 this time, 'cause we both thought he'll take Engineering soon, but why is he in HUMSS, then?" The Governor said.

"He's not going to take Engineering, Dad," Addyson said firmly. "He's going to take Law."

"Addyson!" The Governor shouted. "That's what you're going to take!"

"And, that's what he wants to take! Why are you even stopping him, huh?! Jun is better than me! Don't expect too much!" She shouted making me shocked. "I will never beat Jun, Dad. You know that!"

I bit my lower lip. She's being scolded because she thought she can't beat me. Where in fact, she can. She's just doing something I can't name.

"Do your best to beat Jun, Ady. I know you can do that." The Governor said before he stormed out.

I heard Lay take a deep breath and calmed herself. She's talking to herself in a small voice.

"Ady, calm down. Don't panic, don't panic." I heard her say.

I went out of where I was hiding when I heard her walking away. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Things aren't easy for her. Am I being too much?

bahala na | ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें