~|Chapter 14|~

~Avila~

"Sam," Tristan growled out in a low voice.

"Yes?" Sam asked sweetly.

"Are you dead set on wanting me to kill you?" he asked, taking a step down the stairs.

"Well why would you say something absurd?" Sam said, trying to sound confident, but failing miserably.

"Tori, finish your food." I sighed, and grabbed a rag off the faucet. Then, I turned around to clean up the counter.

"Okay," Tori responded, shrugging.

With my back facing the two boys and Tori, I quietly sighed again to myself. Being raised alongside my brother and older cousin, made me indifferent to many, many situations. As weird as it sounds, seeing shirtless guys was one of those. As Tristan stepped down the stairs, I didn't even bother looking. I mean, what was there to look at?

A bunch of skin with two dots on it?

"Okay Sam. I'm only going to ask this once... Why in the world would you add maple syrup into my shaving cream?" Tristan sounded unbelievably calm, yet the underlying anger in his voice told me he felt otherwise.

Hearing that, a snicker went through my head imagining the look on Tristan's face. I felt a presence close to me and I assumed it was Sam, who's breathing had started coming out shallower. I continued scrubbing the stove with my rag.

"Psht... Why do you assume it was me?" Sam brushed it off.

I heard a low growl coming out of Tristan as he spoke. "Sam Brady Hudson. You. Are. Fuc-"

"Don't swear with Tori in the house," I cut off.

"-Are so dead!" Tristan finally yelled.

Sam shrieked and soon enough, he ran away from me. I shook my head and let out another sigh.

Boys I tell you.

I turned around and placed the rag I was using to clean, back in its rightful place by the sink. Then I went around the counter to get to Tori. Tristan continued to chase Sam around the house, while Sam continuously screeched like a little girl.

"Are you done eating Tori?" I asked, coming to a stand behind her chair.

Tori nodded her head vigorously and hopped down from her chair. She grabbed her plate and glass and walked around the counter to place them in the sink. Then, she went into the formal room, flopped down onto the couch facing away from me, and turned on the TV. Meanwhile, I tucked in her chair and just as I turned around, Sam came hurtling towards me with his eyes wide and a crazy look on his face.

"Help me Avila!" he yelled.

Suddenly, Sam jerked his body to the side and started running towards the stairs. However, Tristan didn't realize that fast enough. Even though Sam was long gone from my vision, Tristan was still there. His feet didn't stop fast enough and all I kept seeing were his wide eyes and his arms that were coming towards me. I gasped and closed my eyes, waiting for the impact to come.

But when it came, it was nothing like I expected it to be.

||~||~||~||~||~||

|Tristan|

It happened within seconds.

Me running after Sam. Sam suddenly moving out of the way. Me, not reacting fast enough. And the look of pure shock on Avila's face right before I collided into her.