~|Chapter 21|~

~|Recap|~

"Then prove it. Kiss him. Kiss the Beast."

"What!?" Surprisingly enough, it was Samuel who had said that. Avila and I were too busy gawking at the kid to respond.

His challenge got the attention of the rest of the kids and soon enough, everyone was chanting "Kiss, kiss, kiss."

"Uh, we can't do that," Avila muttered weakly. However, her voice was drowned out by the sound of the chatter.

And suddenly, all of this was getting on my nerves. The noise, the children, Samuel grabbing the box from Avila, and the fact it was a bunch of little kids who had challenged me to this. Without thinking twice, I grabbed Avila's hand and spun her around to face me. She gasped as she fell into me, and my other arm encircled around her waist.

"Tristan!" Avila harshly whispered.

"Stay in character, remember?" I said.

Her eyes widened in disbelief and I smirked.

"This is where we draw the line," she said trough gritted teeth.

However, I paid no attention to her, as my eyes were solely focused on the challenge at hand. So I leaned in and kissed the girl who has been irritating me since the moment we met.

I kissed Avila Arthur.

~~~~~~~

~Avila~

Most people assumed that the 'All-Mighty Avila Arthur', due to her brutal and rash behavior, never had a boyfriend before. And since she scared away any boy that tried to get close to her romantically, she probably hadn't had her first kiss before either.

Those people were not wrong.

Yes, I never had my first kiss, let alone a boyfriend. That was mainly due to my somewhat insane popularity, and my reputation for being a somewhat harsh person.

Since Jake was captain of the football team (and basketball, and baseball, and God knows what else), they were scared to approach me, because they thought Jake was some crazy overprotective brother. Other than that, I didn't exactly give people a chance to ask me out, because I always stayed guarded.

However, I was delighted with the fact that I was unapproachable. I was legitimately happy about this, and was proud of it. Unlike Rose and Sophie, I never wanted a Prince Charming who'd be willing to sweep me off my feet, because I was happy being by myself.

But as Tristan leaned down to kiss me, I couldn't think of anything else to do, besides stand there like a fool.

Yes, the 'All-Mighty Avila Arthur,' became a fool.

"Tristan," I gasped as he started leaning closer.

He paused for a brief second and gave me one of his infamous smirks.

"Stay in character, remember?" he whispered.

I glared at him.

"This is where we draw the line," I said. But it didn't matter because he wasn't listening to me anymore.

For a moment, just for a moment, I actually wondered what it felt like to kiss someone. Was it as magical as the books put it? Or will it be bland since, I'm not in love or anything with Tristan Ryder?