~|Chapter 2- Edited|~

Edited: May 18, 2020.

~~~

~Avila~

"What?!" I asked, jumping up from my seat. "You want me to just go up to 5 guys that I don't even know, and punch them in the face?" I asked.

He groaned and looked up at the ceiling. "Of course not, Avila."

He sighed.

"This is sensitive stuff, Avila. I need you to focus," Mr. Mullen said.

Now I was just creeped out. He doesn't usually sound so serious, making me wonder just how much of a big deal this really was. I stared at Mr. Mullen skeptically. He stared back, and finally let out a breath.

"Look Avi, I'm not trying to talk to like a principal. I'm trying to talk to you like your GF." (AN~not girlfriend! It's a short form for later in the story :D)

I tensed at that. He doesn't usually act like he's my GF around the school. Otherwise students would think that he's favoring me, or that I'm a principal's pet. When he does though, it means he's serious.

"Okay. So what do you want me to do?" I asked, sitting back down.

"I want you to help them through. You probably won't get it until you meet them and spend a little time with them, but all I'm saying is, be ready to make new friends," he stated firmly, yet gently.

I sighed and rubbed my forehead, not bothering to answer him. We sat in silence for a while until he broke it.

"When's Joel coming back?" he asked with a grin on his face.

I let out a small smile, forgetting the somewhat serious conversation we were just having.

"On Saturday afternoon. When is Charles coming back?" I asked with a grin.

For a second, Mr. Mullen stiffened. I stared at him oddly, wondering what was wrong. Before I could register his expression, it was swiftly wiped off his face and replaced with a scoff.

"Like he hasn't told you already!" Mr. Mullen said, leaning back in his seat.

"Just making sure you're being a good father," I teased.

"Oh! I almost forgot, I will slice your throat if you tell him about the girlfriend thing," he said seriously.

I burst out laughing. "You were serious about that?"

He nodded.

"Like you need to buy him a girlfriend now. Just two hours ago, there was a post on Facebook from a girl in California, asking him out," I stated.

He burst out laughing and suddenly stopped chuckle.

"What were you doing on Facebook two hours ago? You were supposed to be in History class, listening to Mrs. Brown," he said with a glare.

Just when I was about to respond, the bell rang.

"Saved by the bell!" I grinned.

"Uh, I don't think so. As your soccer coach, I'm assigning you five laps around the soccer field."

I groaned as he stood up. He started heading for the door, probably to go change out of his button up shirt and tie, and into a more sporty shirt. He didn't need to worry about his pants because my principal was wearing soccer shorts while at work.

Mr. Mullen is seriously one of a kind.

"I swear it won't happ- ah forget it. I'm not even going to try and lie my way out of this one."