~|Chapter 4- Edited|~

|Tristan|

"My name's Sam and I love talking!" Sam announced.

Almost everybody in the class chuckled, and some even laughed their heads off as if Sam was a standup comedian.

"And what's your name?" the middle-aged teacher asked turning to me. "Tell us a bit about yourself. Come on, don't be shy," she mocked.

"My name's Tristan and people piss me off," I stated.

And guess what everybody else did?

They all fucking laughed.

I scowled at each and every one of them, effectively shutting them up. I turned to the teacher with a frown.

"Can I go sit now?" I asked.

The teacher glared at me and I simply stared back. Without breaking eye contact, she pointed to three desks that were joined at the back of the room. I sauntered over with a happy Sam trailing behind. I huffed and sat in the desk closest to the isle.

I sat bored in my chair for the next half an hour. I waited impatiently for the bell to ring so I can get the hell out of here. AP Math always bored the hell out of me. It's the same things getting repeated every year.

I sighed and was about to start doodling in my notebook when something the teacher said got my attention.

"...so as we all know, our Student Body President and her team are in charge of the signups for the Yearly Cup. So as she is, Avila and her team decided to change things up a bit," the teacher stated in a bored tone. "Jake, come up here and explain the rest of this crap."

All eyes turned to a guy sitting in the next isle over to me. He had brown hair and was wearing the school varsity jacket. He seemed familiar, but I couldn't pinpoint where I had seen him before.

Everybody in the room hollered as he got up and sauntered to the front of the room.

"Hey everybody!" he hollered.

Everybody responded with a greeting and the occasional, 'You're so hot,' and he continued.

"Okay so, this year, our Student Body President decided to change things up a bit. This year, not only will the teachers vote on which students will be a part of this year's Cup, but the student body will also vote," he said happily. "This is to get students involved in the Cup, and not just those who will be participating."

Everybody pounded on their desks and hollered.

"Signups are starting Monday and form the nominees, a handful will be selected to be a a part of the Cup. Once nominees are chosen, student will vote on the who they believe are the strongest candidates, the following Monday. The only way your name will be counted in the nominees is if, one-you're a student with at least a 3.2 GPA and two-if you play a sport or are involved in another extracurricular activity."

A couple students at the front groaned at the sports part.

"Get it over with already," the teacher groaned out in frustration.

"Not yet!" A voice called out from the door.

All attention turned to her and the owner of the voice walked in, closing the door behind her.

"Ugh, not you," Mrs. Keira groaned out,

"Aw, don't miss me too much. It's not like I'm supposed to be in your class right now," Avila said sarcastically.

The class snickered and I hate to admit, I did too.

"Yeah, yeah. Go on," the teacher said dramatically.