record player

George awoke and yawned. He felt different.. an unusual type of different. He decided to just shrug it off and got up out of his bed.

"Good morning, Angel!" A voice shouted. George paused in his steps and furrowed his brows and looked around the room in utter confusion.

"Angel? Are you okay?" The voice spoke. It wasn't an intimidating voice. More like a deep type of calming voice.

George walked out of the room hoping to not find a complete stranger in his apartment.

To his surprise. He saw a rather handsome man, he looked a couple years younger than George. He had shabby blonde hair with green eyes and dark freckles dotted around his hair.

"Angel? What's wrong?" The man spoke. He walked over to George and wrapped his hands around his waist. He kissed his neck and smiled at him.

"Your awfully quiet today. What's on your mind?" The mystery man whispered.

George looked up at the man. "Who.. who are you?" George said. The mystery man looked into George's dirt coloured eyes.

"Yours, I'm Dream" Dream said to George. George looked absolutely starstruck when he finally realized what happened.

The men's cologne filled his nostrils and he smiled and dug his face into Dreams t-shirt.

Dreams face flushed. He couldn't get himself to tell George the truth. He didn't wanna hurt the love of his life. If that's what you'd even call him.

Dream and George had finally pulled away from their hug and George was sitting at the kitchen counter. This place was decorated just like his apartment. Something was missing though.

George saw an box in the corner of his kitchen counter, and walked over to it. He saw a bunch of thin, thick and medium sized ca-

George was cut off by his thoughts because he was pulled away from the kitchen counter by Dream. George laughed and kicked his feet trying to escape Dreams grasp.

George's thoughts about the box fluttered away; like butterfly's. George was thrown into the cushiony couch. He giggled as Dream tickled him.

Dream wasn't gonna tell George the truth until he knew he was finally read to give up. Dream laid back into the couch and took out a heavy sigh. George continued to lay into the couch in the same position he was when Dream was tickling him.

"Oh! My coffees done!" Dream stood up as the slight pouring noise of the coffee maker had stopped.

George got up quickly and stood behind Dream as he poured his coffee into separate mugs. A green one, and a blue one.

George grabbed a peppermint off of the kitchen counter and dropped it into his coffee.

"Peppermint coffee? Really? Are you only doing this to get into the Christmas spirit?" Dream said as he laughed slightly at George.

"No, I like peppermint coffee" George said as he sipped the coffee. He had to admit, he couldn't make it like Niki, the café owner did. It was good, but not as good as hers.

"Oh my gosh! George! My new camera just came in! Wanna see it? I got a record player too!" Dream scrambled around the living room and came out with a baby green polaroid and a blue record player.

"The camera is mine, and the record players yours. See?!" Dream handed the record player to George and he studied it carefully.

Dream wrapped his arm around George's shoulder and turned the camera around. George closed his eyes and scrunched his nose in surprise after the flash startled him.

Dream giggled as the photo printed. He slammed it onto the counter and looked into it, George doing the same. Dream smiled at the picture and grabbed George's hand and pulled him off the stool he was sitting on.

Before George knew it, the duo were running outside. The pale moonlight shining onto their skin. Their hands interlocked. Dream ran to the local record shop and seeing it was open, took this as an opportunity to impress George.

The both ran inside. Dream brought George to one of his favorite songs. 'You've Got Everything Now' by The Smiths. Dream looked at George and gasped.

George gasped back at Dream and they walked over to the checkout. George was oblivious to what was happening and what was come to happen.

The cashier smiled when they approached the checkout. "G'day, Clay. What's the news?" The man said. His maroon beanie half falling off his head.

"Ehh not much, what's up with you, Sir Gold?" Dream said to the cashier. The cashier let out a slight laugh and punched in something on the till.

"I told you! Don't call me Sir Gold! That was 4 years ago! Geez.." The cashier who had a name tag with the words WILBUR printed on the front said.

"Sorry, Gold Knight. I'll leave!" Dream said as he bowed and walked towards the door with Georges hand in his. George laughed and walked home with Dream.

Maybe George felt alive and free. Maybe he felt no weight on his shoulders. George sighed as he entered the apartment with Dream.

Dream smiled and wrapped his arms around George. This had taken George by surprise since this was one of the first hugs he'd had in a long time.

After a while the duo had set up the record player and the sweet melody of the song started playing.

Dream sung and tried to dance with George but they both failed. Dream had at least 5 voice cracks and George slipped hundreds of times. The record player was now something George would never forget.

"George! Look! The stars!" Dream quickly stood up from the cushiony couch and stared at the window.

The stars made a beautiful shape and the sky glimmered with blue and a tinge of green. The universe was trying to tell George something that Dream already knew.

"Is that the northern lights? I can't tell.. it's super faint" George said to Dream. Dream was in total awe at the gorgeous streaks of light.

"Yeah! It's super rare to get them here, so feel lucky, Angel" Dream said to George as he ran his fingers through his messy blonde hair.

"We should really head to bed, it's getting late" Dream said as he trailed off to the bathroom.

George stood staring at the window, still in shock about everything, the gorgeous lights, the boy who loved him, the blue record player. Everything.

George decided he needed sleep and laid down on the pale duvet before shutting his eyes and snoring ever so slightly.

One thing was missing though. The sarcoline candle and daisy on his bedside table.