my sun burn

George opened his eyes to be greeted to the smell of coffee. He felt in place this time. Not like the other day, when he felt weird.

He went into the kitchen and stopped when he saw a small piece of paper on his counter. It was a photo of him and Dream.

Dream smiling with his eyes shut and George's face scrunched up together. A bright flash illuminated their faces and made them seem pale.

George smiled and walked back into his bedroom. He went straight to his closet and grabbed a tiny photo frame, big enough for a Polaroid picture.

The frame was baby green and had a couple stars scattered around it.

George wasn't looking for dream. Something told him he didn't need to. So he went along with it.

George made his breakfast and did his daily routine such as brushing his teeth, taking a shower, changing his outfit, etc.

He was surprised to hear a knock on his door. It was the same mail boy and he had yet again another stupid floral designed box. It had a envelope with a baby green stamp with daises pressed into the wax.

George took the package and opened it. He went to put his wax seal into the mason jar sitting on his counter. He read the letter.

Hello, Angel!

Why does the sun shine, baby? I'm tryna heal my sunburn! :( it's sad to think of it, but not long ago, I was saying "why does the sun set? I'm trying to get my sun tan!" Summers fun! I love swimming in my super cool pool in my super rich uncles house! Sorry Angel, I'm bragging. My uncles trying to read this letter, he doesn't know about us, so bye!

PS!! I bought you a flamingo floaty like you said you wanted a while back! See you tonight!

George was honestly confused. He sighed and set the letter down, eventually realizing he will never solve the mystery of the boy who lives his summer in the winter.

George rubbed his temples before realizing there was a daisy and another sarcoline candle awaiting him.

He grabbed the candle and smelled it. It smelt like fresh watermelon. It was a nice type of smell and made him feel nostalgia.

George smelt the strong cologne in which he recognized was Dreams. He wondered where Dream was, but didn't look for him.

George decided he would go out into the city and head to the grocery store, since he needed to anyway.

He grabbed his wallet and headed out the door into the shops. George wandered around the supermarket trying to avoid the parent who would yell at him and the children who constantly screamed.

He saw a mug. It was a pretty mug. It had a snowflake on it and the background was green and blue.

George remembered the colours that him and Dream shared. Dreams favorite colour was green, while George's was blue. He tossed it into his cart, careful not to break it.

The thought of Dream fluttered away from George's mind; it felt like a butterfly flying away. It was something that George had obviously felt before.

One thing George didn't realize, is the nickname that Dream always calls him when they visit each other 'Angel' for some reason, George never remembers the puppy name he constantly gets called

George started to think back to the packages that kept arriving. They always addressed the person as 'Angel' so maybe it's dedicated to a man or woman named Angel?

George didn't know an Angel, well he did, but it wasn't exactly the way he means it.

George's Angel was Dream. George was oblivious to how much Dream loved him. He was also oblivious about the secret Dream had been meaning to tell him.

George decided to watch Hocus Pocus 2, since he was meaning to watch it during Halloween but he procrastinated.

He saw some guy he believed looked like Dream. He saw a familiar representation in the actor.

George thought about the letter he got sent today. What does that even mean? Who gets some stupid sun tan in the freezing cold winter?

It's barely even sunny half of the time! It's always cloudy! Why has Angels lover gotten sun burn and sun tan? 

George began to confuse himself, so he headed to bed and shut his eyes hoping to dream something nice and to get his mind off of the stupid sun burn sun tan situation.