Chapter 3.9: Even Though I'm Already Free

Kiyo POV

Just after sending Kujou back to her house, I received a message from our manager, saying that my schedule was shifted starting tomorrow and the last day would be this Saturday.

If that's the case, looks like I will be stuck up in my room this whole night, then.

I pulled my earphones from my bag and started playing music as I started walking back to the apartment I am living.

About 5 minutes of my trip back home, I received a sudden phone call. And since I don't want to receive any phone calls from anonymous people, I pulled my phone out from my pocket only to see Matsuo's name.

Hmm... Does Matsuo need something from me? I get it that he sometimes checks me out through calls and messages but the schedule isn't right.

If I'm not mistaken, he is still at work at this time of the day, so this must be urgent or important.

"Hello. Good evening, Matsuo," I spoke as I returned the phone inside my pocket.

"Yes, good evening to you as well, Kiyotaka-kun. Are you back in your apartment, I presume?"

"No, I'm still walking back. What about it? Do you need me about something? Don't take this the wrong way, though. It's just rare for you to call me at this time since you are busy and all."

Matsuo chuckled a little at my reply before replying in a rather serious tone, "No, don't worry about it, Kiyotaka-kun. Anyway, the reason why I called you, it's because there's someone who wants to see what you are doing now that Ayanokouji-sama has passed. And in case you say you want to refuse his invitation, I am afraid to say that it's not possible."

Refusing is not possible, he says? Then, this man must be an extremely powerful and influencial person.
I better agree. Worst case scenario for me, this man in question might order someone to drag me out of my apartment forcibly.

Although I am confident with my fighting skills and the fact that I can beat almost anyone in terms to hand to hand combat, there is still this unknown feelings within me that somehow hopes for that someone to show up and show me my place.

Tch, just when I thought I'm finally free, a person that was acquainted with that man popped out of nowhere in order to discuss something with me.

"Fine, I got it, Matsuo. On what time will we meet exactly?"

"Please prepare yourself by 8:30 pm, Kiyotaka-kun. You still have an hour and a half, I'll be waiting for you by then. See you."

With that Matsuo cut the call off. But then, he called back again.

"Oh yeah, Kiyotaka-kun, I apologize for forgetting, but please dress up in the most presentable suit available in your closet if you can. I didn't mean to listen secretly but I happen to overhear that this meeting is about the deal between Mr. Arzenon and your late father: you will be meeting your supposed future wife. You are indeed the lucky guy, Kiyotaka-kun. She's really a beautiful lady, you know?" Matsuo said in an excited tone.

That man truly is unbelievable yet annoying at the same time. Even though that man is dead, his influence among his peers still lives on?

I really am a man of misfortune... I sighed in exasperation at that thought.

"I will. Will that be all, Matsuo?"