Chapter 6.5: Mother-Son Conversation.

With the warm breeze hitting my face, I sprinted my way from the gate, passing through the empty tree-lined street where a groups students used to walk to school until I eventually reached the campus.

While running, I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and checked the time in fear of being late. I'm afraid it'll damage my reputation if I, a member of Seirei Private Educational Institute, is late since I am supposed to act as a role model for others to imitate.

Now, why I am late you ask? I travelled all the way to Matsuo's house and back which took almost a couple of hours just to ask him if I could get him to check my DNA and the woman's hair.

With only about 5 meters away from my classroom, I checked my cellphone again and arrived at exactly the time turned to 8:00 in the morning.

Good thing I'm used to this sort of stuff, or else I'll be sweating bullets and might even smell despite using deodorants.

"Ayanokouji. You're just in time. Please take your seat; class is about to start."

"Thank you and good morning, sensei," I spoke as I excused myself and headed to my assigned seat.

"Good morning, Alya."

"Good morning, K-Kiyo-kun."

"I see. Are you trying to learn how to read in an upside down manner? I humbly ask for you to teach me someday if you mastered it."

"Eh...?!" Alya immediately looked at the textbook she was holding and saw she was just holding it normally.

"Just kidding."

"Mouu, don't tease me like that..." She pouted.

"Ah, my bad..."

Just then, I felt several dozens of eyes penetrating through my skull. Looks like how our interaction with each other especially the way we call each other by our nicknames somehow garnered all of my classmates' attention.

If looks could kill, I bet I'm killed by the boys' glares many times over by now.

"Face here. Class is starting." Our adviser said.

It appears I'm saved by the bell...

"Kiyo-kun. If you do not mind me asking, what took you so long to get here? It's very unusual of you, you know?"

"What, you missed me?" I teased.

"Y-Yes..."

I initially thought of flustering her so she wouldn't continue on asking me questions for now and make her forget it later on but looks like she's really straight forward now that she knows I 'feel' the same as her.

Looks like there's no getting around it...

"Well, I was playing until 3:00 am because I was grinding primogems for Raiden Shogun. Please spare this helpless soul and don't give me an earful sermon..."

"Oh, you will. Just wait until later." She gave me a glare.

"Yes. Forgive me."