2.1 Retirement

Hello! I'm back! This is regarding obviously MS' retirement from my POV. :)
This is all fictional ofc and this story will be continued or lile some part of it will be continued ahead. I hope you enjoy

 Fonts for dialogues are as follows: Virat, MS,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

March 2020

Third Person POV:

MS was waiting for Virat in his room, as the younger lad was practicing in nets for next South Africa series. Everything was fuzzy, rumors of certain virus being spreads were flying around making team and everyone suspicious whether or not they'll play this series but Virat Kohli never misses his practice, reason why he's what he is today.

Honestly for MS he was very anxious, see he had mailed BCCI president his dada, last month in February that he'll like to take retirement from all forms of cricket except IPL for now of course. He infirmed dada that he'll announce officially once his letter is accepted (which for now he felt like insensitive thing to do with pandemic rumours so he decided to postpone announcement to August 15 for now) Dada the elder brother he is, flew first thing to Ranchi and talked with his Mahi making sure of whether this decision is solely his and taken after proper thinking or not.

Once he had convinced his dada, he decided to tell his bestfriends Suresh Raina And Yuvraj Singh, both of them didn't have words for his announcement. Once he was done with his explanation Sonu just said, "I mailed dada today that I might retire soon-"

He was speechless on how similar and on same line they thought. Making them understand was easier than MSD thought. Harder part was to make his team, his kids understand.

MSD's POV:

Before entire team gets to know it and specifically before cheeku and ro get to know from dada or BCCI, I knew I had to call and myself tell both of them first about mu decision, so that's what I did I called them and informed them of my decision to retire.

Rohit just said "Acha joke tha ab next try karo" to which cheeku replied "Roh he's serious".

I felt bad for making them go through this but aaj na kal ye hona tha. Cheeku just asked me, "Umm bhai so uh last match kab hain aapki humare saath?"

I froze on that question because how am i supposed to tell him I already played my last match. But keeping him in dark for any more time was NOT the option not at all! So i explained to him contents of my mail.

I could hear him take in deep breath and shakingly say, "S-so aa-aapki last m-match h-ho gayi? And hum-humey nahi samja?..... ok ok bhai I'll miss you. Thank you for everything bye." Saying that he left the conference call.

Entire time rohit was calm i tried to make him talk but he just said, "Mujhey laga tha aap yuvi paa ke piche piche ussi raste pein nahi jaaoge but kher aapko aur yuvi pa ko kya hi farak padta hain ab bas sonu bhai ki kami hain" and left the call.

I don't know how Sonu dealt with them but i couldn't get their voices and their pain out of my head. I did meet Rohit and he did remove all his frustration on me and yuvi which was fine Because what mattered was him feeling better and not guilty.

I was in my thoughts pacing in the room silently when I heard the room unlock I saw cheeku enter silently he placed his kit back on the floor and turned towards the room after closing the door that's when he realised I'm in the room.