2.4 Confrontation

In this MS stayed as mentor even after few months of ODI captaincy okay? okay. My dumbass got confused in timelines so please don't mind some of things will not match the original timeline.
I hope you don't get disappointed.

Oh and I know many of you have been waiting for this update, I have seen PLENTY of comments/messages for this update which I am genuinely thankful for and at the same time I really hope you leave in-line comments too... It's hard to distinguish if the update was good enough or not... just leave some feedback good or bad It's okay I won't mind, this is safe place for all views (except anti Virat/ anti mahirat views)

Small Recap- Last chapter was about Virat's ODI captaincy, after some time from that fiasco, MS goes to meet Sourav in BCCI office cause MS is frustrated with everything happening around and with Virat.

Finally before you start this one,
This might sound a bit rude so please avoid reading if you love BCCI more than you love Virat. Thank you.

Font- MSD, Virat, Sourav Ganguly, Chetan Sharma, Sachin Tendulkar, Sonu, Rohit

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

BCCI Building
Third Person POV:

Mahi broke the hug immediately after Chetan left his eyesite. For some strange reason, Sourav didn't quite catch up on that either. On realising that the person in front of him has really changed to the extent that he can't recognize his own younger brother's mood, Mahi chuckled humourlessly to himself. He remembered the bitter truth his Sachin paaji told him after the controversy with Bhaji came out in the news, which for obvious reasons  broke Mahi's heart.

"Mahi, this cricket is just like any other profession or sport. You'll form good bonds with your team, but in the long run, not every one of them would stay the same. And as much as it hurts you to think about it or to accept it, it'll be your truth one day. I'll lie to you if I say only teammates of your age change, because that's not the truth! Even your seniors change and sometimes even your juniors. You'll have a handful of people who'll stay exactly the same and would stand the test of time. Baaki sab change honge and you can't do anything about it. That's just how life works."

Sourav hears Mahi's chuckle and asks him as he sits down on his chair, "Kya hua Mahiya? What made you laugh?"

Sourav's question broke Mahi's train of thoughts, bringing him back to reality. "Huh? Ha kuch nahi dada bas vo bachon ka joke yaad aaya! Aapko nahi pasand aayega chodo na"

Sourav shook his head at the reply and bought that lie as he further enquired. "Toh aaj achanak finally apne Dada ki yaad kaise aayi mere Mahiyan ko?"

MS could hear the fondness and care in Sourav's voice, which made his heart drop into his stomach. Why didn't Virat get this care, too? What was his fault? Being Mahendra Singh Dhoni's successor? Or being the only one whom everyone relies on to win the match? MS sighs unconsciously before replying.

"Kya dada aap bhi!!! Mein toh bas yuhi aa gaya aapse milne!"

"Acha kiya," Saurav replied.

Mahi smiled and questioned further, "Aap batao Dada, kaise ho aap?? Kaise chalu hain sab kuch? Team kaisi hain, bache kaise hain, mera cheeku kaisa hain! Kaise chalu hain BCCI ka karobaar?" Mahi swinged in his chair side to side as he asked this question.