009

January 31st, 2022

after travis left, joe was introducing kenzie to some of the guys on the bengals, she didn't know any of them, she has seen their faces before, she watches a lot of football but she doesn't really know any of them.

"kenzie, this is jamar," joe said pointing between the two as jamar took a sip of his drink. "jamar, this is kenzie."

jamar choked on his drink. "this is kenzie!" jamar said, why was he so surprised?

"it's great to meet you, joe has told me a lot about you." jamar said shaking her hand. "all good things."

"good," kenzies aid laughing looking at joe who was giving jamar a death stare. "it's nice to meet you as well."

"this one time, he told me." jamar said before he was elbowed in the gut by joe.

kenzie looked at joe confused, was she a topic of interest in the bengals locker room? "see you later, jamar." joe said taking kenzie to talk to someone else before jamar could spill anymore information.

"this is joe." joe said walking over to the running back. "joe mixon, by the way."

"joey b, good to see you man." joe said. "is this kenzie?"

"yeah, kenzie, this is joe." joe said as kenzie and joe mixon shook hands.

"nice to meet you," kenzie said. "how did you know my name?" how much did joe talk about her?

"joe talks about you a lot, one time he." joe mixon said before once again, joe elbowed him in the gut.

"what is this infamous story everyone is almost sharing?" kenzie said as her and joe walked away from joe mixon.

"nothing, not important." joe said as he began walking over to another player on the team.

before they could walk over, kenzie stopped. "i'm gonna go talk to travis."

"okay, i'll be over by the drinks." joe said giving her a warm smile, kenzie returning it.

"what is your problem?" travis said once kenzie walked over to him.

"what are you talking about?" kenzie asked crossing her arms, she knew what he was talking about but it wasn't that serious.

"you and him." travis said looking over at joe, who was in a conversation with patrick mahomes. if patrick could be cordial with joe, why couldn't travis?

"you don't get to chose who i date. and besides, you are dating my best friend and i don't have a problem with it." kenzie said. she was making a fair point.

"kenzie, i," travis said. the ton in his voices changed from angry to sincere. "i don't want you to get hurt. you're my little sister, and i don't want to have to kill anyone. i also don't want to see you grow up."

"well, i'm a big girl and can handle myself." kenzie said with a chuckle. "and speaking of growing up, i got a job."

"you did?" travis said. kenzie hopes ge wouldn't be mad, but the sound of his voice wasn't easily deceptive.

"yeah, i'm a photographer." kenzie said with a smile.

"i'm so proud of you, what is the job exactly?" travis asked.

"i'm a photographer for the bengals starting next season." kenzie said.

"what?" travis said shockedly. he kind of choked over his words. he chuckled afterwords.

"yep." kenzie said chuckling. "just for games though, not practice or anything. well, uh i'm gonna go talk to patrick."

"k, love you." travis said. "made good choices!" he said with a wink causing kenzie to roll her eyes.