020

February 25th, 2022

i don't think joe burrow has ever been more confused in his entire life. jamar chase, one of joe's best friends was hanging out at his house today.

"what did i do wrong? what could i have done wrong?" joe said sighing. "i just don't understand what i did to deserve this."

"nothing, joe. that's my whole point. you're the victim here." jamar said, mouth full of chips.

"it's just, why is she treating me like this?" joe said, grabbing a chip.

"stop asking rational questions." jamar said after taking a sip of his dr. pepper.

"because women act on emotion, not logic." jamar said, grabbing more chips.

"it's a totally different species." jamar says, eating the chips.

"but kenzie isn't like that. i think she is acting on logic, not emotion." joe said leaning back on the couch. "i'm so confused."

"i say you book a flight and go talk to her in person." jamar said shrugging his shoulders, not seriously. but joe took it a different way.

"that's a great idea." joe said pulling out his phone, looking up flights to kansas city.

"dude, i was just kidding." jamar said.

"you're a genius jamar," joe said getting up. "an absolute genius."

"dude!" jamar said grabbing another chip before getting up from the couch. "where are you going?"

"to kansas city, you coming or not?" joe asked jamar as he grabbed a suitcase.

"i'm coming, but did you even book the flights yet?" jamar asked.

"nope." joe said, putting clothes into the suitcase.

"invite some of the other guys too, i'm sure they would like to take a trip to see our favorite kelces." jamar said.

"yeah, but can you do it?" joe said, he was grabbing clothes out of his closet now.

"yeah, once i get home and pack." jamar said. "who are we inviting?"

"tee, evan, mike, i don't know maybe like one
more." joe said shrugging his shoulders.

"okay, got it." jamar said walking towards joe's bedroom door to leave. "what time are we leaving?"

"tomorrow at 6:30, tell them to be here at 3 so we can get there on time." joe said.

"got it." jamar said walking out of joe's room. he peers back in, only his head is visible. "your crazy dude."

jamar left joe's house and joe finished packing. he let his chef know he'll be gone for a couple of days as well has his parents.

"hi mom." joe said with a smile that could be heard through the phone once his mom did answer.

"how are you joey?" his mom says. her name is robin.

"i'm ok, how are you mom?" joe responded.

"i'm good, jimmy is at work right now, so i'll tell him you love him." robin said.

"thanks moma," joe said. "i'm going to kansas city with some of the guys for a couple days."

"is this about a certain brown haired girl with two brothers?" robin asks, already knowing the answer.

"possibly." joe responded with a laugh.

"you just got back from paris, why are you going now?" robin asked.

"i don't know, i have a weird feeling. remember what i texted you?" joe said.

"oh, yeah." robin said. "okay well be safe and let me know how it goes."

"okay mom, i love you." joe said.

"i love you too, joey." robin said before hanging up the phone.

joe wasn't surprised his mom knew what he was talking about, he goes to her for advice a lot. probably more that he should but he's always been that way.

it's not like he loved his mother more than his father but he could go to her about more things. one, she was around more. and two, his father was a coach, he probably wouldn't understand most of the things he talks to his mom about.

. . . . . . . . . . . . February 26th, 2022 . . . . . . . . . . . .

surprisingly, all of the people jamar asked showed up on such short notice. the didn't even know where they were going or for how long.

"so where are we going anyway?" tee higgins, one of the wide receivers on the team asked. he was the last to arrive, it was 2:45.

"kansas city, only for a couple days." joe said putting his suitcase by the door.

"kc is so random." evan said scrunching his nose. he's the kicker for the team.

"yeah, why do you wanna go qb?" mike said. "it's not like the weather is any better." mike is one of the funniest on the team, he is a cornerback.

"wait a minute." joe mixon said furrowing his eyebrows. "kenzie lives in kc."

"joey b wants to see his girlfriend." tee said in a sing song tone.

"i don't even know if she is my girlfriend anymore." joe said.

"but you guys just got back from paris." joe mixon said.

"yeah, it it's a long story and let's just say her feelings are confusing the crap out of me." joe said.

"she's probably acting on logic, not emotion." tee said shrugging his shoulders.

"most likely." evan said, agreeing with tee.

"y'all got it backwards." jamar said shaking his head.

"okay, we should get going." joe mixon said looking at the time on his phone.

they all loaded their suitcases into the car and joe drove to the airport. they weren't running late but weren't able to take their time getting to their gate.

tsa took forever, even with pre-check. they got the their gate on time but they were all spread out through the plane.

jamar and tee were in zone 1, but they didn't sit together. mike and evan were in zone 3 but also weren't sitting together. joe was in the very back of the plane.

the flight wasn't that long, he was used to being on planes a lot. he hoped that kenzie wasn't mad when he got there, he was showing up unannounced.

he did tell travis, who told jason, and izzy, and layla. everyone knew but kenzie. they already knew something was up with her anyways.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

sorry this chapter is so short